Vehicle Collision With Tree Leaves One Fatality

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Tallahassee, Florida - May 31, 2011 -

A single car accident last night took the life of 22-year-old, Maron Butler, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. As he drove down Springhill road, his 1996 Honda Accord left the pavement and hit a tree. Emergency personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.

The full release from FHP is attached above.

• by Cynthia S Location: Tallahassee on Jun 1, 2011 at 08:23 AM
    Gervaise, Ronnie and the entire Butler/Lockett family. My deepest condolences, you are in my thoughts and Prayers.
  • by Maxine Location: Talllahassee on Jun 1, 2011 at 07:25 AM
    My Prayers and Love goes out to the Butler. May God lay his heavenly hands on the whole family and carry you through this time of sadness. I love you all! Maxine
  • by candace on Jun 1, 2011 at 05:54 AM
    I only shared a couple of conversation in a class at TCC with Maron. But I admired him so much because he worked hard and he wanted to learn. He told me he wanted to be a buiness owner and I know deep down in my heart if he was hear he would be just that. I never knew a young black man with so much drive and determination. He work the 10p.m. to 7a.m shift and had a 8:35am class on m-w-f and 9am t-r. and when i found out he died i said to my self I wonder if he was saved. U never know unless you ask but we have to life right and get on one accord with God cause you never know. MY thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
      by Jasmine on Jun 1, 2011 at 09:31 AM in reply to candace
      I asked that same thing when i found out, and your right u will never know, i just pray that GOD looks into his heart and see that his intentions were good. I got saved recently and what pushed me to do was the fact that if i died then i knew i wouldnt go to heaven, and that thought was unsettling, but im not gonna judge anyone Maron was a good dude, he may not have been living right all his life but i know that he had a good heart and a good head on his shoulders and thats whats counts the most. A majority of these dudes dont even have that. He is free from all these Hell called earth!
  • by Sarah Location: Tallahassee on Jun 1, 2011 at 05:09 AM
    I do not think that this is the time nor place to put anything about the Fl High situation. These comments should be reserved for condolences for the family only.
  • by Ira and Angela Location: Tallahassee on May 31, 2011 at 04:04 PM
    To the Butler family: Our deepest condolences to you and your family. I have known Maron since he was a very young boy. A sweet young man gone too soon. But God saw fit to pick one of his beautiful flowers to bring home. Know that God will give you strength; lean and depend on Him only, for he is your source of strenth at all times! I love you and our prayers are going up for you and your family.
  • by Kaaba24 on May 31, 2011 at 03:20 PM
    My prayers goes out to the family!
  • by FL Hi ex-parent Location: Killearn on May 31, 2011 at 02:45 PM
    Our prayers to the family :~~(( My son went to school with this young man(my son is 22). Florida High has experienced so many sad things since 2008, it is just beyond overwhelming!! The horrible discharge of most of their teachers,the ousting of beloved Principal Susan Martelli (at the hands of the following Admin) then the discharge of their corrupt ex-Gilchrist-Principal who ran FL Hi for a year (after ousting Ms. Martelli), and now all of the car-crash victims the school has had in the last couple of years. It is so, so sad :~(((( I'm not saying that the current admin has anything whatsoever to do with car crashes -- I just included that because I hate what FL High has become.
  • by Vickie Location: Tallahassee on May 31, 2011 at 01:43 PM
    To The Bulter family, you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to be with you during the loss of your love one. Gone To Soon!!!!!!
  • by Jasmine Location: Tally on May 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    Dang last thing i expected to hear was him dying! I remember those good ol godby days and how he use to have everyone crackin up in history class and how him and the other former godby football players had our senior year poppin because we wre undefeated but the moment i remember most is was the play off game when lost but Maron u sure tried ur best to make that touch down! lol He was cool, friendly, funny , happy just a all around guy and were gonna miss u dearly!!!! Still cant believe ur gone so soon! WE LOVE U MARON and may u rest in peace friend!
  • by JONES on May 31, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    My prayers go out to the Butler family. Remember, joy comes in the morning. Be blessed.....
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122878344 - wctv.tv/a?a=122878344