Someone Else Driving? You Could End Up With Ticket

By: Jennifer Milton Email
By: Jennifer Milton Email

Anthony Lariscy is one of the unfortunate red light runners who has received evidence of a traffic violation in the mail. A $158 ticket, photos and video took Lariscy by surprise because he claims he wasn't behind the wheel when the snapshots were taken.

"The ticket states that I ran the light at 10:33 in the morning, when in fact, I didn't leave Furrin Auto Parts until 10:41 in the morning, so, I obviously wasn't in my car, I was in their lobby. Whoever ran that light was in my car, there's proof of that, but it certainly wasn't me," said Lariscy.

The owner of Furrin Auto Service disputes Lariscy's claim and says he has documentation that clears his employees of the incident.

City of Tallahassee officials say, ironically, the intersection where Laricsy's vehicle was snapped running the light is a hot spot for red light runners.

"Probably the most egregious number of violations happened at the intersection of Monroe and Tennessee. During the testing day in early 2010, we had 454 violations that were straight through or left turns at that one intersection," said Michelle Bono.

Now, Lariscy has 3 options: jump through hoops to find out if someone from the auto shop did take his car for a test drive, take the issue to court or pay the fine.

Folks should also be aware that if they run a red light in a rental vehicle, the company can track them down to pay the fine.

• by J Location: Wakulla on Feb 8, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    Anonymous at 3:33 PM, you're the real moron. Do that and YOU will be at fault. Idiot.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 04:11 PM
    And yet, despite all the anti-privacy, un-constitutional liberal comments, it is only a matter of time before the red light cameras are taken down, as has been the trend everywhere else in America. Fortunately, there are some individuals in power that actually "get it", and a camera following my car is no more American than a clerk following my every step to see if I really do recycle my plastic coke bottle instead of throwing it in a trash can.
  • by can't see Location: tallahassee on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    I was stopped at the intersection where Capital Circle NE merges with Thomasville (by the Taco Bell). The camera took pictures of some cars in the intersection. But the FLASH was so bright I was not able to see for several seconds (seemed like 4-ever)after the pictures were taken. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    at anonymous Feb 8 at 2:24pm. That just shows what a real JACK*** you are. If you are in front of me and do that be prepared to get hit.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    I want to know why the fine is only 158.00. If they really want to stop people from running red lights make the fine 1000.00 and suspend the license until the fine is paid. This would reduce the number of vehicles on the road, while at the same time the vehicles left are driven by safe drivers. This would create safer roads.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    There are five different people looking at the camera and the pictures taken. If the light was green and the camera flashed you WILL NOT get a ticket. They are not malfunctioning. If you are too close to the turn lane (which has a red arrow) it thinks you are in the turn lane and running the light. People will look at this and throw the picture out.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:52 AM, The lights are there to protect everyone from people like you. The reason you have to stop at the red light, is because someone else has a green light. I understand what you're saying about wasting fuel and wear on your car, but wasted fuel is a much better option than getting in a crash, and possibly killing someone else.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    citizen - did you get a ticket? Just because you see a flash doesn't mean a violation is being documented. And you will receive an image of your car along with the light position and the orientation of your car...all at the same time. Too many people worrying. If you follow the laws of the road you have nothing to worry about.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    citizen , Do you know how these lights, and sytems actually work, or are you guessing at how you think they ought to work. Without knowing how these systems work, you have no way if there are issues. If you get a ticket, and they can not not prove the light was yellow (show me the picture), the ticket will be thrown out. How is this unfair to anyone?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    I like Bill's Idea. I am going to start slowing down early so the car behind me gets a ticket.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115538299 - wctv.tv/a?a=115538299