A mobile home in Wakulla County is completely destroyed and fire officials say a space heater is likely to blame.
Fire officials say they responded to the fire at the home on Bodiford Lane just after 3:00 Tuesday afternoon.
A 59-year-old Crawfordville woman and her 2-year-old granddaughter made it out of the home safely. Officials say the lady entered one of the bedrooms and saw the electric heater on fire. They say she tried to put the fire out herself but called 911 when the curtains caught fire.
Jerry Johnson from the Wakulla County Fire Department says, "If you got clothes in the room, keep them away from the space heater, keep them away from the curtains or to close to the wall. Put them centrally located in the room so there's nothing in the way and they're not getting dumped over."
Officials say the home is a complete loss and is valued at 19 thousand dollars. The State Fire Marshal's Office is assisting with the investigation to determine the exact cause of fire.