Who Has the Best and Worst Customer Service in Tallahassee?

By: Stephanie Salvatore; TallahasseeVoices Email
By: Stephanie Salvatore; TallahasseeVoices Email

Customer service can leave you with a headache or a smile, and a recent survey asked folks in Tallahassee to divulge who has the best and worst customer service in town.

By a landslide, Publix was voted number one in customer service, followed closely by Chick-Fil-A, Capital City Bank, Narcissus, Capital Health Plan, TMH and Starbucks on Kerry Forest Parkway.

"They're out to serve people, they do a good job and the prices are a little higher than most but it's worth it," says John Goldfarb, who says Publix has best service.

Comcast topped the list of places that offer the worst customer service in Tallahassee. Many residents couldn't agree more.

"Comcast is definitely probably worst in customer service. They're terrible when it comes to dealing with their customers and dealing with their complaints," says Tallahassee resident Jessica McAllister.

But - Folks were split on whether Tallahassee was better or worse than other cities when it comes to customer service.

"I travel throughout the country quite a bit, and I can tell you that customer service in Tallahassee compared to places up north stinks. It's not as good as you would get up north," says a resident who asked that we not use his name.

"Being in a smaller town you would think that customer service would be better because you know you don't have as many customers to deal with, and here I'm not experiencing any difference from a larger city to a smaller city," adds McAllister.

If you'd like to participate in an upcoming survey, click on the TallahasseeVoices logo on the homepage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 29, 2010 --

What ranks the best and worst in customer service in Tallahassee? A TallahasseeVoices survey asks that question and we have the results.

According to the latest TallahasseeVoices survey, Publix is the number one provider of customer service – by a mile, followed by Chick-Fil-A. Conversely, Comcast is the absolute worst provider of customer service – by a mile, followed by Walmart & Kmart. Publix is named 6 times more often as the best customer service provider than the next most frequently named business.Comcast is named as the worst provider of customer service 4 times more often than the second worst firm.

The highest ranked for customer service included: Publix, Chick-Fil-A, Capital City Bank, Narcissus, Capital Health Plan, Tallahassee Memorial, and Starbucks (Kerry Forest Parkway NE).

The lowest ranked for customer service included: Comcast, Walmart, Kmart, CenturyLink, Dilliards, McDonalds, Burger King, City of Tallahassee Utilities, and the Florida Legislature.

___________________

The present survey on local issues was conducted in November 2010.

593 of the 6,000 panel members responded.

Results were weighted to reflect the demographics of the 90%+ local
residents who have access to the internet at home, work, or school.

If you would like to become a participant, click on the left side of the logo on the WCTV.tv homepage.

To view the full survey, click on the link above.

• by Anon Location: Tally on Apr 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Walmart is by far the worst, regardless of location. I have witnessed a lady in the deli section sneezing on the meat she was slicing, employees kicking merchandise under the shelf so as not to have to pick it up, and when I purchased a gift online last year for christmas it was delivered to the store and I waited twenty minutes at customer service desk, only to be told to go back to the layaway department to get it. Went back there, watched two extremely boring employees flirt with each other while I waited with two other customers to simply exchange my receipt for the package I needed. Publix customer service isn't what it used to be. Still good, but it has lost some. You cannot keep doing the same thing, you have to step it up now and again. TMH is fine by me. I don't think the emergency room wait time is great, but it is still a hospital. Good luck on getting help with what is hurting without one. Comcast, DirecTV, DISH and Century Link all stink. I try my best not to go into a Walgreens or CVS just based on price alone. Chikfila is great, but nobody has mentioned yet why they think that is.... It is a faith based organization that still holds what appear to be family values close to their mission statement. Maybe it is about time that more companies realize that profits will come when the service is tops. I will gladly wait the fifteen minutes in the drive thru on Cap Circle for a sandwich before driving to Zaxby's, McDs, Wendys, SteaknShake, or the other fast food places within a one mile radius just because of the service and the appearance of where my money is going.
  • by Sandy on Jan 23, 2012 at 03:34 AM
    be warned, CHP now requires you to use their mail pharmacy, thus causing your doctor to sit on phone for EVERY refill you need to be cleared, instead of merely taking it electronically! Chp no longer uses CVS, etc. and these pharmacies are fighting back by refusing to release the transfer of prescriptions.So if you are CHP and need a refill, call a week early and understand it's not your doctors office that is slowing down the process. Way to go CHP, not!
  • by Me Location: Tally on Jan 8, 2011 at 09:57 PM
    Walmart will be the next Kmart in the future, overbuild right now, not enough cashiers to get ya out the door.
  • by Panhandler Location: Tallahassee on Jan 5, 2011 at 09:59 AM
    Tallahassee Democrat is getting to the point of bad services compared to what it had to offer a few years back, starting w/a paying for services online; then they cut out the weekly tv guide that came in sundays paper. The tv guide was real good then it was getting thinner/less info til it was discontinued. Sure there are others to comment. Maybe the democrat and others will read the complaints and act upon it, money is tight people, customers can go other places.
  • by allaboutservice Location: Tallahassee on Jan 5, 2011 at 06:11 AM
    I think the people at Comcast are wonderful, once you can actually see or talk to one. I believe the problem is their systems. I waded through what seemed to be 100 menus and then 24 minutes on hold, then had to call another number. I am a huge fan of Capital City Bank. I don't go to a branch often, but when I do they are so friendly and seem genuinely happy to be there. Their call center is really helpful too.
  • by Mystery Shopper Location: Leon County on Jan 4, 2011 at 04:14 PM
    Best Service all around, Publix, with cashiers at 90 percent of registers, employees are all professional in appearance and customer service, even the younger people they hire. HHGregg has always been great. Walmart sucks, the 4 to 7 cashiers that man the 50 plus registers are always on one side, thier employees are crude and unknowlegeable. With the $$$ that Walmart pulls in, you would imagine more cashiers and even bagboys for speedier checkouts. Most of the fast food chains,Mcdonalds/BK/KFC, young kids behind the counters goofing off and lousy customer service.Don't know how many times I have seen them mess up on orders or under cook food. Do I hear ecoli/salminella. New Dunkin Donuts in Bradfordville has been real nice. Comcast lobby is silly/ and services are overpriced. United States walk in Post Offices are Real Bad. Several times only 1 to 3 people working when theres tons of customers. So tighten up USPS, Comcast, Mcdonalds/BK. May have to evaluate who you hire or run things
  • by TiredofTally Location: Tallahassee on Jan 4, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    The City of Tallahassee is the WORST, with one caveat, the nice professional gentlemen at the traffic light management group are excellent. Mostly, the city simply wants to separate me from my money and build performing arts centers that no one wants. The City public works crews are a joke! 6 people holding shovels and one person digging! (As a taxpayer, I must count this as poor customer service too) The utilities keeping 8 million dollars in overpayments! (I hope the Legislature forces them to return that money, state agencies are among the COT customers) COMCAST is awful as well. They were unresponsive to my requests for an updated DVR. Told me I had to call back daily to check inventory! Who has time for that? I quit DISH network because of customer service, and I decided to give Comcast another chance. For good customer service, there's Florida Commerce Credit Union, Publix, Chik-Fil-A.
  • by Not happy with Kevins Location: Tallahassee on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:34 PM
    I agree Kevin's Sporting Goods is ABYSMAL! his employees treat the average Joe like trailer trash. They just lost a few hundred bucks from us shopping there over the holidays because of the poor customer service. Anyone else know where to find some nice browning and north face jackets?
  • by Tally Mommy on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:25 PM
    Best Publix, Chick fila, Sonnys, CRMC and CVS. Worst in order, WalMart, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Dollar Tree, TMH, COMCAST, Dillards and Goodwill.
  • by BigE Location: Tally on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    Narcisuss is fabulous! I called and they found, wrapped present within 10 minutes, ready when I got there. Chik Filet, Connie's Hams are always reliable, and Red Eye coffee most consistent. Booooo to Comcast, the worst by far! Walmart is Walmart, lower your expectations.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112596684 - wctv.tv/a?a=112596684