Posted: 7:47 AM
- State health officials are taking a cue from past problems and are banning health insurance companies from marketing their plans directly to Medicaid consumers as the state is rolling out a massive overhaul by transitioning millions into managed care.
- Gay couples won't be able to tie the knot in the Keys any time soon despite a Monroe County judge's decision last week striking down Florida's voter-approved constitutional ban on same-sex marriages.
- Governor Rick Scott today announced the 11 new projects that will be funded this year to help advance the Coast to Coast Connector, which will provide a safe and continuous multi-use trail from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University has been awarded a $100,000 grant by the National Science Foundation Division of Materials Research to fund a project entitled “EAGER: Magnetic Interrogation of Mesoscale Materials.”
- Residents of a small, central Florida town say they're shocked and disgusted by the recent disclosure that two members of its police force are accused of being members of the Ku Klux Klan.