A Fatal Accident Claims the Life of a South Georgia Woman

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

"There hasn't been a day that went by that I haven't spoke to her ... besides the day she passed," said Jasmine's friend Shoneequa Howard.

Nineteen-year-old Jasmine Wade was killed on Sunday when the car she was driving veered off the road and hit a tree. Hospital Staff say her passenger is still in fair condition.

"It is so sad that she has been taken from all of us," said Howard.

Troopers say no alcohol was involved and both Wade and her passenger were wearing seat belts. Friends and family say they are shocked about their loss.

"She just spent Thanksgiving with me and my family over to my sister's house," said friend Aurtisha Baxter.

Baxter said she attended high school with both women involved in the crash; she also says she reached out to Wade's family after she heard the news.

"I just called to see how she was doing and wanted to send my condolences to the family," said Baxter.

Wade was a 2009 graduate of Bainbridge High and was currently enrolled at Bainbridge College, where friends say she was studying to become a medical assistant.

"She was a real good person; she did anything to help somebody else," said Baxter.

"Her mother died a couple of years ago in a car wreck and that's all she talked about ... her mother," said Howard.

Wade's funeral is set for one o'clock Sunday afternoon at St. Paul Church in Bainbridge.

"I'm gonna miss her so much but what makes me happy is that she's back with her mother now; she doesn't have to worry about nothing no more," said Howard.

According to Thomas County Sheriff's Office, there were 19 crashes in Thomasville over the New Year's weekend of those, five included injuries.

• by alexis Location: bainbrige,ga on Jan 29, 2011 at 06:01 PM
    she was my cuzin i miss her
  • by Teresa100000731903128 Location: bainbride on Jan 6, 2011 at 08:28 PM
    JASMINE I MISS YOU SO MUCH,I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE GONE YOUR MEMORIES WILL REMAIN STRONG.YOUR SISTER TERESA BROWN
  • by Dred aka Jay on Jan 5, 2011 at 08:28 PM
    WWWWHHHYYYYYY!!!!! I am really gone miss you "Cornbread".....now you stress free lil mama. Luv you an I will neva forget you......um so heartbroken.....
  • by Ariel Location: Albany,GA. on Jan 5, 2011 at 05:15 PM
    You will be truely missed Jasmine...I love you!!!Im happy you can be with your mom again...you are in a better place!!!My heart goes out to Jasmine Wade's Family...Stay strong and I will keep yall in my prayers!!!
  • by a best friend(Qunda) on Jan 5, 2011 at 01:47 PM
    R.I.P JASMINE N WADE U WILL TRUELY BE MISSED BII US ALL BLEEVE DAT WE LUV U JASMINE UR IN A BETTA PLACE SMILING DWN ON US NOW MAY UR SOUL REST N PEACE BOO MISS SO MUCH MUAHHH UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN HUNZ !!!!1
  • by Alicia Location: Tallahassee on Jan 5, 2011 at 05:17 AM
    My prayers go out to her family.To be absent on earth is to be present with the Lord.
  • by ATL Location: TALLY on Jan 4, 2011 at 07:15 PM
    RIP JASMINE WADE
  • by Bae Location: Florida on Jan 4, 2011 at 06:37 PM
    Jazz was my everything! There wasn't a day that didn't go by where I didn't get 20-30 phone calls and/or texts from her. We talked every day. I will truly miss her, but I know she's with someone that she's been missing for 3 years now - her mother, enjoy Jazz. I love you! RIP Jazzy Belle.
  • by Bae on Jan 4, 2011 at 06:26 PM
    Jazz was my everything! There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't receive 20-30 phone calls/and or texts from her. She will definitely be missed. She missed her mom so much, now that void has finally been filled enjoy your mom once more. RIP Jazzy Belle, I love you!
  • by Bae Location: New Jersey on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:17 PM
    Jasmine was an great person to be around. She was filled with joy and her smile is unforgettable. She was loved by many people as well as people whom was recently introduced to her. Jasmine will truly be missed. We Love You Jazzy -Shoneequah Howard-
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112905329 - wctv.tv/a?a=112905329