A South Georgia Family's Home Goes up in Flames

By: Bainbridgega.com Email
By: Bainbridgega.com Email

Our partners at Bainbridgega.com found out that this home at 1006 Powell Street caught fire just before midnight Sunday night.

Sylvester and Rosa Landy and six of their great grandkids - ranging from 2 to 12 years of age - ran from their home after they spotted the flames.

Landy says when she entered the back bedroom, flames were filling the back window from a fire *outside* the home.

Fire officials confirm the fire started outside, jumped into the attic area and spread. The family is receiving help from American Red Cross and will stay at the Charter Motel for the next 3 nights.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116623163 - wctv.tv/a?a=116623163
Gray Television, Inc.