Badly Hurt Dog Rescued From Garbage Bag on Road

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Buford, GA (AP) - A driver on a Gwinnett County road said she saw a black and white head sticking out of a garbage bag on the road, and braced herself for the worst.

Jamie Contreras told the Gwinnett Daily Post that she knew it was an animal of some kind, and was expecting a dismembered body.

Then she watched Friday as the Boston terrier worked his way out
of the garbage bag. The dog was still alive, but badly hurt.

She said part of his skin had rubbed away, revealing tendons and
muscles. One eye was hanging out.

She and other motorists called 911, and the animal is now being
cared for at an animal hospital. Two surgeries were performed Friday, including one to remove the dog's right eye. More surgery is planned for Monday.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by Kim Location: South Georgia on Apr 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    What is wrong with people!!! If you don't want your animals anymore, give to animal shelter or find a home...those kind of people are heartless and they deserve to be treated the same as they treated the poor innocent animal. Those kind of people make me sick to my stomach! May God bless the woman for stopping and the dog for a healthy recovery.
  • by Cheryl Location: Florida on Apr 9, 2011 at 05:54 PM
    Thank God she had the heart to call for help. No person or animal deserves this treatment. To the person that did this, there is a very special place reserved in your name. It is called hell
  • by Sandy Location: Mission on Apr 9, 2011 at 05:00 PM
    I hope that they can recoup DNA evidence from inside the trash bag for finger prints. I hope that something is on the dog's fur that will tell the coward of a owner!! I hope that they get the full extent of the law for this poor sweet animal! Animals should be respected and treated like family!
  • by jr Location: ga on Apr 9, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    why would aperson hurt a innosent animal? jealous i guess.
  • by catlover on Apr 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    Yes, thank God some people will still do the right thing and take the time to pull off the road and stop to try to help a injured animal, dog, cat, deer whatever. I really hope the poor creature pulls through this and will find a safe & loving home.
  • by Thank you, kind lady Location: Florida on Apr 9, 2011 at 09:29 AM
    I hope this sweet dog will get adoped by a loving family. My friend adoped a beatutiful persian cat what was beaten so bad that one eye was hanging out like this poor dog's eye. A veterinarian performed surgery on the cat's bad eye, but she remained blind in that one eye. This compassionate vet called my friend because no one wanted the cat, and when my friend took one look at her, she fell in love with Sophie. Sophie has made a great companion for my friend and her family. Sophie loves everybody and is not skittish to strangers like some cats. She begs for attention, rolls over on her back and loves belly rubs. When you stroke her fluffy back she sticks her tounge in and out, nodding her head with delight. She has such a unique personality. Thank goodness we have people wo care enough to adopt animals who are not so perfect. This kind lady that saved this helpless abused dog is a hero. Please adopt an abondoned animal if you can. They will add great joy to your life!
  • by Brenda K. Location: Cairo on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:34 PM
    That is so sad. I hope the dogs makes a full recovery and if it does, there is still only one eye.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:33 PM
    Some people bring nothing but hell onto this world. And the degenerate that did this horrible act to this dog is one of them. I'm glad the woman that found the dog, and also hate that see saw such a heartbreaking scene. If I ever catch someone abusing a dog, cat, bird, etc. they'll regret it >:(
  • by me Location: MADISON on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:18 PM
    This is truly disgusting, any "Human" being should call themselves a MONSTER..Should they ever treat any animal or person like this.All I can say is,whomever YOU are, YOU make me ashamed of the HUMAN RACE.May God bless your soul..because I certainly won't
  • by Anonymous on Apr 8, 2011 at 07:42 PM
    I hope there is a hell for whoever did this to rot in.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119516809 - wctv.tv/a?a=119516809