Bainbridge Child Molestation

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

A South Georgia man is arrested and charged with molestation after police say he took pictures of a little boy who was using the restroom.

20-year-old Shawn Darnell Sheffield was arrested Friday afternoon after authorities say he molested a 9-year old boy in a Walmart bathroom.

The victim says he was using the rest room and the suspect, later identified as Sheffield started taking pictures of his private area. The boy says he told the offender to stop and "punched him in the back."
He says Sheffield ignored his request and started touching his private area.

Sheffield was located in Walmart's parking lot, arrested, and his cell phone confiscated. He is charged with child molestation and enticing a child for indecent exposure.

• by $curComName on Dec 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    @outraged parent--though it's not totally the parents fault, it is however the parents responsibility to make sure they know who is in the restroom when their kids enter...since when do you let your 7 yo make the decisions?? And it upsets me that you, as a parent, would care what other women think by bringing your son into the women's bathroom! When my son would go into the men's room by himself, I would stand outside the door and constantly talk to him to let anybody know that I was there AND I would tell him (if he got quiet for too long) that I was coming in there if he didn't answer me. Most of the time nowadays, parents DO send their kids off to the bathroom without a second thought. And it does not say in the article anything about where the parents were. Hank has every right to his opinion, as do you. But my first question too was where were the parents???
  • by mad Location: Georgi on Dec 15, 2010 at 08:56 PM
    .. ITS KIND OF SAD TO ME BECAUSE SHEFFIELD, AKA DEE is my older cousin, and i must say that this is not his first time goin to jail for this. He had just recently got out, and it doesnt feel right with him not only shaming himself but making the whole family look bad.
  • by outraged parent on Dec 15, 2010 at 06:33 AM
    @hank--The parents fault? really? My 7yr old son refuses to go in the ladies room. The few times I have dragged him in there the other ladies in there get upset. How do you know the parents weren't right outside waiting for him? How dare you place blame on the parents for what happened!!!! I only hope that I've raised my son well enough to fight back like this one did!!
  • by hogg on Dec 15, 2010 at 06:05 AM
    cold world no blanket
  • by tiffany "iced-t" taylor Location: the capital on Dec 14, 2010 at 08:56 PM
    classic encounter.
  • by hank Location: tallahassee on Dec 14, 2010 at 08:21 PM
    The fault lies with the PARENTS. He is only 9. If he was shopping with his mother she can take him into the womens restroom. Get an education people! Letting a 9 year old in a mens rest room BY HIMSELF? Wow!!!
  • by Jacob Location: Valdosta on Dec 14, 2010 at 01:41 PM
    I wish the kid had kicked the dude in the nuts
  • by disgusted on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Why must people be sooooooooo sick! Im glad this man was caught before he does this to anyone else.
  • by Anonymous Location: Georgia on Dec 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    The fault lies with the perv. However, I totally appreciate businesses that provide "family" restrooms (1 seaters obviously) where a mom can accompany her young son, or a father his young daugther to keep them from having to enter a large public restroom by themselves.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    I hope they have the right guy and his cell phone full of pics. That is going to be the only way to secure a conviction in this case.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111866534 - wctv.tv/a?a=111866534