Fatal Stabbing in South Georgia

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Decatur County, Georgia -- March 14, 2011 --

A family already grieving after one death is hit by another tragedy.

As the family gathered to mourn a woman who had died, the woman's grandnephew was stabbed to death.

Decatur County Sheriff's officials say the family had gathered at a building across from Rosa Lee Lane on Highway 309 in Decatur County.

Authorities say at about 12:30 Sunday morning (3/13/11), 38-year-old Roderick Smith, who was not related to the family, came in and got into a fight.

The victim, 31-year-old Trevix Clemons, also known as Kenta Campbell, was stabbed multiple times and died from his wounds.

The sheriff's office says the suspect has been arrested.

There's no word on what started the fatal argument.

• by A. Gordon Location: Waipahu Hawaii on Mar 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    Kentay, was like my lil brother, every time I would come home my dude was sure to find me. It's messed up that he had to be killed behind something crazy. To the family I will think of him everyday, and to his killer I hope you suffer the way my D.A.W.G did. RIP homeboi will see you when I cross that bridge.
  • by Tony campbell Location: Fowlstowns on Mar 18, 2011 at 02:30 PM
    That was my nephew and we was like brother we did a lots of things together. My heart goes out to his sisters and brothers and childern; Tashisa and Monty I love you.
  • by unknown Location: tally on Mar 18, 2011 at 01:26 AM
    my prayers go out to the family. I've only know Kenta for round 9 months we worked together at consulate. He was always the one that kept me laughing he was just that type of guy. A very nice man who was always ready to help out a friend end need. Bra i hate to see you go but i know your in a better place we will see you when we meet our maker Kenta RIP
  • by unknown Location: Bainbridge,Ga on Mar 15, 2011 at 07:47 PM
    Condolences goes out to the family.Kenta is a good person, he tried to do what was right about his kids he was a very caring father. I know Kenta from school he was a very cool person to be around. I have know him in many situation to want everyone happy that's involve with him. Kenta RIP!! Kenta is now gone to a much better place and God do not make no mistakes RIP!!
  • by T.K. King Location: Currently Cairo, GA on Mar 15, 2011 at 04:33 PM
    I am going to truely miss my cousin. We were closer than most people will ever know. He was just suppose to be in my wedding but him and my Aunt Rhunette(his mom R.I.P) did attend. Cuz really didn't just go out his way to bother anybody. He was the one to say (most of the time) cuz don't sweat it just let it go. He loved his family very much. I mean everybody with their flaws and all. He was a father whowent out his way to take care of his kids. Kente' was very humorous. And if you did get mad at him he probally would say something to make you laugh it off. I'm the second oldest in my generation and Kente was one of the youngest in his. So when we were kids he was the only one I was allowed to play with in his generation. That's when our bond began. To the rest of my folks who share this loss and pain, keep ur faith, head, and chin up. Remember God is perfect and doesn't make mistakes.
  • by TOYA J Location: QUINCY on Mar 14, 2011 at 07:18 PM
    I TRULY MISS MY UNCLE KENTA!!! I HAD JUST HEARD HIS VOICE ON MY VOICEMAIL AND I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO HIM.... BUT I LOVE HIM AND MISS HIM SO MUCH AND I WISH A MANY OF TIMES THAT THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED! NOW WHAT ARE MY TWO LIL COUSINS SUPPOSE 2 DO WITHOUT THEIR DAD HE WAS A VERY GOOD FATHER AND THEY TRULY MISS HIM. RIP UNCLE
  • by d smart Location: Ga on Mar 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM
    Kenta was a friend, an i a,so went to school with him. God bless his remaining family. he will be forever loved an missed.
  • by Unknown Location: Unknown on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:46 PM
    My prayers go out to the family....When something tragic like this happens we tend to say, she/he was a good person and really know that they were not.... I can really say that Kenta was a great man at heart. From the time I met cuz he was the same person... R.I.P. Kenta and may God touch his family....
  • by Vixen Location: Tally on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:32 PM
    Condolences to the family; Roderick Smith was a violent person and it is sad that the family has lost yet another member. We can only hope that justice will prevail.
  • by willie Location: Ga.. on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:10 PM
    does not surprize me ,,all us do it party and DRINK and act like we is in a beer hall somewhere when we is at a funeral ...I was there and I see's a bunch of dunks there partying
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117944029 - wctv.tv/a?a=117944029