Former County Coroner and Wife Arrested

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Colquitt County, Georgia - March 30, 2011 --

A former Colquitt County Coroner and his wife are arrested and charged with 8 counts of burglary.

Authorities say Daniel and Billy Jo Warburg are linked to a total of eight church and residential burglaries, two in Thomas County and the other 6 in Colquitt County earlier this month. Deputies say some of the items stolen and recovered were electronic equipment, music equipment and decorative items. Deputies say they believe Daniel's motive was because of a surgery he had undergone causing him to lose his job shortly after.

He resigned in 2008 after serving three years as coroner.

• by Cause I Said so on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:51 AM
    Burglary!! Whew, I was thinking the story might have been like the one up in GA where they were faking creamation ashes and throwing the bodies out back. Stealing from a church , that should be a forgiveable offense considering how much the churches of most religions have gone around the world stealing cultures and languages in the name of their "GOD". Killing people in the inquisition. Raping little children and covering it up and sending their children out to suicide bomb people.Not paying taxes. The religions should be giving all the extra money they have to the needy. Slick as a preachers...
  • by BeMe Location: Tally on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:37 AM
    To: Lip Cheese, I'm talking role models, I didn't say anything about them not being needed to procreate even though it will be better if some didn't. There are more fathers that don't give a hoot about their offsprings than do, I gaurantee you that. Look all around you. How many have you abandoned?? I still say Jesus is the best role model and I advise them to learned about and follow after HIM. Very good advice. Love you too, but love God more.
  • by MISS T Location: THOMASVILLE on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:15 AM
    HE LOST HIS JOB AND NOW HE IS STEALING FROM GOD'S TEMPLE?? IS THAT RIGHT??
  • by Bill Location: Tally on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:07 AM
    What pieces of garbage these people are!!! A church? Come on!!!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:32 AM
    That's a good one....
  • by Melissa on Mar 30, 2011 at 07:50 PM
    I knew this people some time ago and would have never thought that they would do such as this. Job or No job there is no excuse for robbing someone most expecially a church.
  • by Sarah on Mar 30, 2011 at 03:44 PM
    I don't care that he lost his job. That's no excuse. He simply wanted something for nothing and she joined in. Keep their sorry butts locked up.
  • by TIR on Mar 30, 2011 at 03:43 PM
    Two more thugs, you people must be so proud.
      by Troll Hunter on Mar 30, 2011 at 06:14 PM in reply to TIR
      Who are these "you people" that you speak of?
        by Lip Cheese on Mar 30, 2011 at 08:22 PM in reply to Troll Hunter
        Referring to Mayor Marks...them people.
  • by Anon Location: <<>> on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    Looks like somebody stole their eyebrows.
  • by To all mothers on Mar 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Men are optional.
      by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 01:52 PM in reply to To all mothers
      This is why there are so many teens walking around with their pants hanging around their ankles. Men may be optional to you, but the kids and young men need a good man as a role model.
        by the other anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:33 PM in reply to
        I don' t see what the original post has to do with this story, but that is an excellent reply.
        by BeMe on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:09 AM in reply to
        If you're gonna walk in anyone's shadow, let it be Jesus. He is the best role model I'll ever look up to. Why do people want kids to depend on other humans as role models because they are not perfect. Jesus is. God gave us a road map to follow and if you do follow you will be far better off than trying to follow after man's doings. Like the song say ' I decided long ago(as a teenager) never to walk in anyone's shadow, if I fail if I suceed at least I've lived as I believed' based on God's word. I'm not perfect, but I've turned out just fine and He is not finish with me yet. I advise kids to take a chance on following God's Word (Jesus).
          by Lip Cheese on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:03 AM in reply to BeMe
          Men are required for procreation. Also real men are an asset to a woman. Do not forget you had a Father. If he was not a real man, that may be where you start your journey toward recovery. Love to ya.
          by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:27 AM in reply to BeMe
          What role model? A faerie tale? There is no proof whatsoever. All you have to believe in is some story told by so and so to so and so who told it to so and so until someone wrote it down. All you have is a book that is just like Aesops faerie tales. Yeah, I know, according to you, I need to be saved and I am going to h*ll. Who cares.
          by BeMe on Mar 31, 2011 at 08:23 AM in reply to BeMe
          To: by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM ::: It isn't for me to say where you are going, that's up to you. If you condemn yourself to hell that's between you and God. I also can't tell you what you need and I'm not going to waste my breath on a loser like you.(yes, I said a LOSER like you because that's what you are if You don't believe in God). Believe what you want, no skin off my nose, but I still say JESUS is the perfect role model and I'll add, He is the answer for the world today. If you want to go to hell keep traveling, because you're on the right road. If you don't care I certianly don't. Happy traveling to ya.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118925879 - wctv.tv/a?a=118925879