Georgia Teacher Arrested, Charged With Child Molestation

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

STATESBORO, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities say a Bulloch County teacher
has been arrested and charged with child molestation after the
parents of a 14-year-old male student told authorities she had sex
with the child.

Bulloch County Sheriff Lynn Anderson said 35-year-old Amy Bass
Jackson was arrested Wednesday and has resigned from her teaching job.

Jackson faces charges that include aggravated child molestation,
statutory rape, enticing a child for indecent purposes, sexual
assault by a person with supervisory or disciplinary authority,
computer or electronic child exploitation, sexual exploitation of
children and furnishing harmful material to minors.

Anderson told the Statesboro Herald that investigators learned
of a relationship after the boy and his parents filed a complaint.
It wasn't known late Wednesday whether Jackson had an attorney,
and she could not be reached for comment.
------
Information from: Statesboro Herald,

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APNP-07-27-11 2023EDT

• by edusextion Location: ga on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    this isn't worth making ripples in the water. don't they STILL teach sex education in public schools? maybe she was tutoring the boy. there's more under the sheets here than what is being told.
  • by smile on Jul 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    I suggest getting the full facts before making any comments about the people involved and the situation. As far as knowing someone you make want to put this little birdie in the back of your head your best friend, your neighbor may not be the person you think they are. Just a suggestion you might want to do research on teacher sex crimes and on sexual predators maybe that will help educate the uneducated on these type of situations.
  • by Dale Location: madison, wi on Jul 28, 2011 at 09:14 AM
    This is happening all over the country. Go to www.schoolteachernews.com and click on the Scandal page. They also have a map of where the incidents have taken place. Already this year they have found over 250 of these incidents. In 2010 they found over 400 of these kinds of cases.
  • by Wow on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:27 AM
    There probably should be a difference in punishment for someone who molests an innocent small child and someone like this who does commit a crime, but it is with someone who probably isn't really a "victim". This boy most likely was totally into this and a willing participant. I'm not saying what she did was OK, but it's hard to compare the two crimes. And yes - in society there is a double standard - if this were a 35 year old man with a 14 year old girl - everyone would be calling for castration not wanting to high-five the kid like a lot of posts I've read about these situations with teen boys and adult women.
      by Sonny on Jul 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM in reply to Wow
      Exactly. She'll get a slap on the wrist and walk whereas a male would be vilified and hung. I would have jumped at any opportunity at that age too. Although, I went to Catholic school so all of my teachers were either old or nuns! So it would probably have been the substitute.
  • by Chuck Location: Tally on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:02 AM
    I'm sorry but that is just sick on her part. Find another adult! I hope they throw the book at her. She knows that is wrong. If she can't control her urges, she should not be a teacher.
  • by TallyTalksTrash2 on Jul 27, 2011 at 08:31 PM
    The kid is probably lying, Yeah I'm sure a grown woman needs to sleep with a kid who hasn't hit puberty yet. Isn't this an awful school district full of crappy kids? Several of the little devils may have gotten together and tried to ruin her with this polot.
      by HMA on Jul 27, 2011 at 09:40 PM in reply to TallyTalksTrash2
      Most boys start puberty around 12 or 13. When I was 14 I would have loved to have had sex with most any female that wasn't ugly, especially a hot teacher. All of my friends were exactly the same. There is a double standard here, if you don't understand this, you were never a normal teenage boy.
      by friend on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:21 AM in reply to TallyTalksTrash2
      I know this teacher, and have personally worked with her. She was an awesome teacher! It is VERY hard for me to believe that she would do this. I do not want to belittle this student, or his family, or the seriousness of these events occurring in society; but students' do not realize that if/when they make FALSE accusations, it costs the teacher their job! Even if she is found innocent, she will never be able to teach or work with children again! That's an awesome teacher, and a college education down the drain. She had a tendency to be sarcastic with students at times, I truly believe she was sarcastic to the wrong kid this time. We need to remember that their are 2 families involved in this, neither saw this coming...both have children whose lives are being affected by this. I am praying for both families.
        by mike on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM in reply to friend
        trust me she was my teacher last year the boy isnt lieing
        by Bill on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:16 PM in reply to friend
        BELIEVE IT>>>>>>> False accusation dont get you 9 Felony counts LADY!!!!! i am a personal friend of the victims family and there is no way this child is making this up making this up. this child had no ax to grind she was his favorite teacher and she lead him to a place that no young boy could get themself out of .......
          by smile on Jul 28, 2011 at 08:11 PM in reply to Bill
          BELIEVE IT>>>>>>I as well know the familyS of the victim and victim very well and he is definately not to blame for this disgusting situation that he was put in and should have never been put in by a grown adult that knew better all i am saying is that is how sexual predators work they groom and gain there trust and take it from there and thats what happened to this poor innocent child because he is a "CHILD". It is just sickening that a person is in that state of mind.
      by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 07:20 AM in reply to TallyTalksTrash2
      If it had been a male teacher and a female student, would you feel the same?
        by friend on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM in reply to
        I have witnessed the same thing with a male teacher. You spend time with middle school, hormonal girls, who will just about throw themselves at a male teacher...and then get furious when he doesn't reciprocate her actions. Then they cry wolf to save face. It's sad.
        by i agree (fair?) on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM in reply to
        I am a female, but the outlook when women sexual assult guys is "oh she had a bad daddy" but when the guy does it's "lock him up, trash the key". Just be fair is my point.
      by bill on Jul 29, 2011 at 05:24 AM in reply to TallyTalksTrash2
      What kid wants to have to sit and tell the police about there first time having SEX... You are a idiot... This was the childs favorite teacher>>>>
  • by Jeff Location: Tallahassee on Jul 27, 2011 at 07:22 PM
    When I was 14 I wanted to have sex with my female teachers, as well as any other female. If this teacher is hot, the boy should receive his "Luckiest Boy In The World" trophy, and the teacher ought to be released. Seriously.
      by Bill on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:17 PM in reply to Jeff
      I sure hope that you have no children.... This is a sick way to think
  • by Jake on Jul 27, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    Times sure have changed. He would have been the school hero back in the 70's! Depending on how she looks of course.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 27, 2011 at 06:36 PM
    Why does it always seem to be white female teachers having sex with their students. Can't she find someone legal?
      by Anonymous on Jul 27, 2011 at 07:20 PM in reply to
      the black female teachers don't get caught.
        by pat on Jul 27, 2011 at 08:43 PM in reply to
        yes they do just ask Wakulla High school.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126293658 - wctv.tv/a?a=126293658