Georgia Toddler Hit by Vehicle in Yard, Dies

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Macon, GA (AP) - Officials in Bibb County say a 19-month-old
old boy was struck by a vehicle and killed in his front yard.

Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones says Anthony Antonio Patrick Lowe
was pronounced dead early Thursday in the emergency room of The
Medical Center of Central Georgia.

Macon police say the boy's cousin, 29-year-old Jonathan McBride,
drove the child and his father home, and that while the family
gathered inside the house, the boy wandered outside without anyone
noticing.

Police say the father, Patrick Lowe, noticed the child was
missing after McBride left. Investigators say McBride apparently
backed over the child as he was leaving. The boy's body was found
on the ground.

Police say no charges have been filed.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by Anonymous Location: Perry Fla on Nov 28, 2010 at 08:58 AM
    I know good and well i have to kids one is 20 and one is 18 and if you are backing up or driving anywhere if you even hit or run over anything a racoon or any type of animal or even a toy you cant tell me when you run over something you cant fill it go over it and then to back up and not even look to see what you even ran over god will be with this family looseing a child is i think the hardest thing in the world to go through but you have to pray for the person that ran the child over even if he left every day that he wakes up the has to deal with it so dont throw rocks and say mean things you never know what they are going through or how hard it is to deal with if you have not ever been through something like this you dont even know how much it hurts but god will be with the family and the person that ran the child over and he will deal with the ones that have so much hate inside of you and thats the kind the devil love so dont be so mean unless you know what it fills like GOD BLESS
  • by sarah on Nov 28, 2010 at 07:26 AM
    My heart goes out to this family. I think the guy who hit the child wouldve noticed something and should be arrested. I don't think the parents should be charged tho. My son gets out of my sight all the time, you can't just sit there and watch them every second while in the house...how are they supposed to learn independence? Plus, you need alone time. They noticed the baby was missing too, how do you think they found him. They are suffering the most tragic event of their life right now and we need to be more sympathetic. I almost lost my child from an illness and I still cry over it all the time, I can't imagine how awful it would be to lose him. This family will be in my prayers.
  • by fl Location: fl on Nov 28, 2010 at 06:05 AM
    i do not agree with hank about arresting the parents because they will pay a higher price in mental anguish but i do agree parents do not pay attention to where their children are. i always knew where my toddler was every min. of every day. that was a totally avoidable accident. but no one can punish them as much as they will punish themselves. i would wish them peace but they won't find it for along time.
  • by DOC Phil Location: Yourmind on Nov 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    HANK, you are an idiot! So you must have slept with your children. That is sick and you still are an idiot! God bless the the child and the family for their loss and bless Hank for being an idiot! To bad you can't arrest Hank for being an idiot!
  • by Cheryl Location: Florida on Nov 27, 2010 at 06:14 AM
    No charges??? How about leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. God bless this baby and his family
  • by Nikki Location: Georgia on Nov 26, 2010 at 09:05 PM
    I am praying for the family! I have a baby myself and I know the family is going through a hard time!
  • by hank Location: tallahassee on Nov 26, 2010 at 08:42 PM
    AS USUAL this is the fault of the parents for not knowing where their child was. Never, ever in my life when my kids were that age did I NOT KNOW where they were ever SECOND of every DAY. Bad parents they should be arrested.
  • by loulou Location: Tallahassee on Nov 26, 2010 at 09:58 AM
    This is just too tragic to comprehend. My heart aches for this toddler and family. BUT, if you run over something, check it out. don't say I didn't know I hit anything.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110845004 - wctv.tv/a?a=110845004