Girl, 2, Severely Burned When Gas Ignites On Slide

By: Associated Press News Email
By: Associated Press News Email

Associated Press News Release

LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/1bwQR66) that authorities are treating the case as an accident and do not anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

------

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231555261 - wctv.tv/a?a=231555261
Gray Television, Inc.