Grady County House Fire

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

Thomas County Fire Department, and several other local fire departments are trying to put a fire out on a Grady home, that they say is a total loss.

Officials say the fire took place at a home off Campbell Road and Lower Cairo Road at a remote location.

We were told, three people were inside at the time of the blaze, including a little boy, and all were able to make it out safely.

The owner of the home said he resided there for over forty years.

"I'm glad they made it out safe ... God was with them because if they were sleep they wouldn't have burned up," says Victim's Son Cary Jones.

Fire fighters say they're not sure what sparked the fire at this time, and it's still being investigated.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Grady FF Location: Grady on May 2, 2011 at 09:43 AM
    I was a FF there yesterday. Bill, it is not any one departments fault. Old houses made of fat lighter and location is what made it burn so quickly. We appreciate Thomas Co. help and if they need ours, we will be there. So Bill to add to your comment, just thank GOD it wasnt your home.
  • by GA Girl Location: Cairo on May 2, 2011 at 07:19 AM
    I'm with ya Just Me. Bill needs to appreciate all the volunteers that worked the fire. Our son and future daughter in law were there putting their lives on the line and don't make a dime at it. Either put up or shut up. THANKS TO AL THE MEN AND WOMEN THAT ARE VOLUNTEER FIREMEN AND FIRST RESPONDERS. Its a lot of training on their time.
    • reply
      by Sherry on May 2, 2011 at 08:46 AM in reply to GA Girl
      I agree with Ga Girl and Just me!
  • by Just Me Location: Grady/Thomas on May 2, 2011 at 05:28 AM
    Hey Bill... if you can do better, I'm sure they'll hire you! Stand up be a MAN! Grab a water hose and run into a burning building!
  • by Brenda K. Location: Cairo on May 1, 2011 at 04:13 PM
    I am thankful everyone made it out safely. May God be with this family in their time of need.
  • by cairo Location: ga on May 1, 2011 at 03:32 PM
    glad they all made it out safely!
  • by bill Location: thomas on May 1, 2011 at 01:11 PM
    Leave it to thomas county to burn one down they are the best at it
    • reply
      by burn unit on May 2, 2011 at 09:15 AM in reply to bill
      Well Bill I am sorry that You feel that way about our fire departments but you must have been one that failed the fire test. Don't hate !!!!! Thanks for your worthless imput from the sideline.
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121055909 - wctv.tv/a?a=121055909
Gray Television, Inc.