With Halloween this weekend, many people are wondering what events are happening in their area. WCTV has a list of events and will be posting more to this story as they come in. Other events can be found on the Community Calendar page.
Do you know of a local community that is hosting trick-or-treating on Halloween weekend? If so, what is the name of the community, its location and the date/time of the event? Leave a “Comment” with the information on this article.
Want to know what time your favorite WCTV Personality will be here?
Here’s a schedule of when our anchors will be waiting to take a photo with you:
9-10 am- Art Myers, Julie Montanaro
10-11am- Shonda Knight, Alyssa Orange, Lauren Searcy
11am-12pm- Elton Gumbel, Sam Lane, Mike McCall
12pm-1pm-Lee Gordon, Deneige Broom, Nate Harrington
1pm-2pm-Angela Howard, Rob Nucatola
Plus, your child can compete in a Costume Contest at NOON! They can also trick-or-treat here at WCTV.
Frank Ranicky will be giving tours of the station (he’s dressing up as Elvis!). Bradley’s sausages, Connie’s Ham is selling sandwiches and funnel cakes, plus we’ll have vendors selling pulled pork sandwiches, boiled peanuts, pastries and more!
The SWAT team will be here, the Bloodmobile, the Leon County Health Department will provide free health screenings.
Join us for a day of games, food and more!
All proceeds benefit the United Way.
- Officer Dave McCranie with the Tallahassee Police Department says that the City of Tallahassee does not have plans to change Trick or Treat to Saturday.
- The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office announces the return of its annual “Safe Halloween Trick or Treat Carnival.” This event was started to provide a safe environment for our children to have a good time, without them having to walk the streets, door to door, seeking treats. Over the past couple of years, funds have been low and we could not provide this environment for our community. Over 5,000 children attended this event in 2007 and we are expecting this number to double for this year. Our children are our future and it is up to us to ensure their safety and positive interactions. The event is scheduled for October 30, 2010 from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM. At the Lowndes County Civic Center (Fair Grounds) on U.S. Hwy. 84 East.
Sheriff Prine and his staff have agreed that this year all proceeds will be given to the Lowndes Drug Action Council (LODAC). Their agency offers drug prevention, education and treatment for children and their parents. Most of their referrals come through the school system; unfortunately, some are received through the courts. They offer many programs for the children of our community, namely, the Expulsion Reversal Program, a program designed to help children, that have been expelled from school, to re-enter the school system; the Stolen Moment Program, an anti-theft program designed to educate and rehabilitate juvenile theft offenders; and the CART program, which stands for Creating a Responsible Thinker. LODAC is a vital part of this community and any help given to them is also help given to the community.
- WCTV is holding a "Meet and Treat" day on Saturday, Oct. 30th from 9AM to 2PM. Come out to our studio on Halstead Boulevard and meet your favorite WCTV Personality!
- The City of Valdosta will observe the popular Trick or Treat activity on Saturday, Oct. 30, from 6-9 p.m.
- On October 31, 5 to 7 pm at the Thomasville Road Baptist Church in Tallahassee. A family fall festival with games, music, pony rides, rock wall and inflatables will be held.
The following Gadsden County municipalities will have extra patrols in place to observe Halloween on Sunday the 31st:
Midway-the Fire Department will also have an event on Friday from 6-9 at the station.
Chattahoochee will observe Halloween on the 30th
There will also be Halloween at Midtown - Trick or Treat with the businesses of Midtown.
Saturday, October 30, 2010 in Tallahassee
A flyer of the day's events can be seen by clicking on the picture icon above.