The following is a list of closures in effect until the threat of fire is over:
• Overnight canoe trips within the Refuge are temporarily suspended;
• All day use boating and boat tours from the Suwannee Canal Recreation Area at the Refuge's east entrance are temporarily suspended;
• Swamp Island Drive at the Refuge’s east entrance remains closed to public access to allow for safe movement of firefighting resources and fire suppression. All facilities along the Drive are also closed, including the Boardwalk and Owl’s Roost Tower, hiking trails, and Chesser Island Homestead;
• Stephen C. Foster State Park remains closed. This status is subject to change. Residents and visitors should remain alert to potential closure of SR 177 east.
Facilities Remaining Open:
• Okefenokee Swamp Park, located off SR 177 south of Highway 1 near Waycross, continues to provide train tours and other public programs;
• The Richard S. Bolt Visitor Center and Okefenokee Adventures at the Refuge’s east entrance remain open to public access.
A Joint Information Center (JIC) has been established at the John M. Bethea State Forest Office, located at 11656 SR 2, Sanderson, FL 32087. Media and public inquiries should be directed to this office. The JIC can be reached seven days a week from 8am to 8pm at (904) 259-4688.
The Community Information Hotline in Fargo, GA can be reached Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 4pm at (912) 637-5597.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.