Man Cuts Hair for First Time in 18 Years for Locks of Love

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Thomasville, GA -- May 11, 2012 --

John Clark will be the first to admit it, he's due for a haircut.

It's been 18 years since the 35-year-old Clark got it cut.

But Friday 5-11-12, Clark is cutting it off! Clark is donating his hair to a non-profit organization called "Locks of Love" as part of this year's Thomas County 'Relay for Life'.

"Well, it's a fun way to get rid of my hair. I've had it for 18 years. I'm just ready for something different and anything I can do to raise awareness for Cancer research and the importance of donating to a cause like that is a good thing," says Clark.

Locks of Love makes wigs for children who have lost their hair from chemo-therapy. Clark is hoping to raise about $5,000 dollars.

• by james Location: tally on May 13, 2012 at 07:18 PM
    jake the snake people dont worry about some buzz-kill.his real name must be igna ramous. get a life actually get 2 cause you dont even have one
  • by Anonymous on May 13, 2012 at 04:03 AM
    It's a shame locks of love charges for the wigs
  • by BLACK on May 12, 2012 at 02:34 PM
    good for you. gona make nice wig for kids and it must feel good;)
  • by Auntie Em Location: Bainbridge on May 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    So proud of you, John !!!!! what an awesome thing to do ! YOU ROCK !
  • by Annie on May 12, 2012 at 09:31 AM
    This is wonderful and very thoughtful of you to do this.
  • by fiuson Location: TLH on May 12, 2012 at 09:19 AM
    What a selfless thing to do. Way to go, John.
  • by Cecil Thrift on May 12, 2012 at 08:52 AM
    Thank you John for doing something that means so much to those who need it.There are so many ways to give than money when you don't have much,or if you have alot.All of us can make our world better with kindness and looking at people for who they are and not what someone else has done to us.Cancer changes lives but you and others can change lives by reaching out and all of us can afford to pray.
  • by Making... on May 12, 2012 at 05:30 AM
    A positive difference in so many lives. I salute you, John Clark!
  • by Ann Location: Tallahassee on May 12, 2012 at 04:55 AM
    I have had several friends do this. It is so great of a thing to do. I can't grow my hair long due to bad arthritis, but I am glad that there are people that can.
  • by vikki Location: tally on May 12, 2012 at 04:19 AM
    I think that is a great idea...especially hes helping a cause for kids...many people who have alot of hair to spare should do the same..they sont hav to cut it all off...but aleast give enough..
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151213855 - wctv.tv/a?a=151213855