Emergency workers were called to Flash Foods around ten o'clock this morning for a reported gas spill.
No one was injured during the spill where puddles of the hazardous liquid had collected.
Officials say rains earlier in the morning made containing the toxic chemical difficult, but the clean-up was completed without any of the liquid spreading to a nearby creek.
Battalion Chief Allen Powell was on duty and responded when the call went out. Powell says his crew's main concern was getting the hazardous material contained as quickly as possible.
Says Powell, "Just from our point of view, we have to make sure whatever was spilled is taken care of, taken up, and everybody is safe."
Crews say the spill happened when a customer left their vehicle unattended while pumping gas, and the tank overflowed.
Firefighters say a gas-water mixture spreads much more quickly than gas alone.
They say one gallon of gasoline mixed with one gallon of water will create about five gallons' worth of coverage.