Officials Say Kids Started Bainbridge Apartment Fire

By: Caroline Gonzmart Email
By: Caroline Gonzmart Email

BPS says resident Monica Harrell and her two-year-old and four-year-old, are 'OK' after one of the children accidentally started the fire in their bunk bed.

They say a sprinkler system helped keep the flames from spreading through the Courtes de Emerald apartment.

Fire officials caution parents to keep lighters and matches out of reach of young children.

They say the best way to prevent fires is by educating children on good and bad uses of flames.

(A special 'thanks' to our partners at BainbridgeGA.com who shot video at the site.)


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 19, 2011 at 05:11 PM
    Kids have played with fire ever since fire was discovered by humans. Thank God no one was hurt and hopefully the kids learned a lesson.
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124162969 - wctv.tv/a?a=124162969
Gray Television, Inc.