Owner: Auto Transmission Repair Shop Burglarized

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

Mitchell County, GA -- October 27, 2011

Within a week's span the owner of Auto Transmission in Mitchell County says his business was burglarized, at least twice, costing him more than seven-thousand dollars.

"This is my transmission court pile. They stole a good bit of these and they were coming back to get more," says William Glass.

Glass says more than 20 cars were vandalized, he tells me thieves took more than 50 transmissions, radios and ripped a few
dashboards out. Some of the vehicles belonged to customers, some were his.

"I contacted a deputy. He came out and made a report and told me an Investigator would come out to fingerprint," says Glass.

Glass says besides the two incident reports, not one deputy from the Mitchell County Sheriff's Office came out to patrol or fingerprint the scene.

The sheriff's office says that's not true. The office released a statement saying, "We have listened to his complaint and we're doing everything we can to solve the crime."

Glass tells me he sat in a wooded area overnight, across the street from his business, just to see if he could catch the suspects in action.

"I'm a landowner and I pay taxes and I have to sit out here and guard my own property. It's time for something to be done," says Glass.

And he is doing something about it. Glass himself is offering a $1,000 reward for anyone with information.

• by jonesin again Location: t-ville on Oct 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    I'll bet the sheriff really gets moving after hearing this report!
  • by Kevin aka Reality Location: Monticello on Oct 28, 2011 at 04:16 PM
    Bear Traps and Gaurd Dogs :) No more thieves.
  • by Real bro on Oct 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    The article says transmission court pile. He pobably ment core pile. A pile of old transmisions or transmision cases that need to be rebuilt. Most transmisions are made out of aluminum, so they are probably selling them to a salvage yard or scrap metal place.
  • by anonymous Location: thomasville on Oct 28, 2011 at 05:41 AM
    Knowing his prior reputation it would not surprise me if he is responsible in an effort to collect insurance reimbursement for his alleged losses!
      by ANONYMOUS on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:20 AM in reply to anonymous
      YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.... THAT WOULD SUPPRISE ME EITHER
  • by Joe Location: Perry on Oct 28, 2011 at 04:31 AM
    Similar thing happened here in Perry. Some friends of mine own a boat dealership and had a brand new boat, motor, and trailer stolen from them. When the deputy showed up the next day, she was too sorry/lazy to even get out of the car.
  • by Tally Town on Oct 27, 2011 at 06:07 PM
    Dude, You just blew your cover, now the robbers know where you at. I hope they don't surprise you in the woods, then rob the shop. Personally I would stay inside,then surprise them.Good Luck I hope you get the sorry SOB'S
  • by anonymous on Oct 27, 2011 at 04:48 PM
    Mr. Glass, I hope you're more effective than your sheriff's department! Good luck!
      by Anonymous on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM in reply to anonymous
      THE SHERIFF DEPARTMENT ISN'T THE PROBLEM I ALWAYS SEE THEM ON 19 HE CAN'T RIGHTFULLY SAY THAT
  • by Tom Location: TLH on Oct 27, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    Silly man, expecting help from law enforcement? Don't hold your breath.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 27, 2011 at 02:56 PM
    the police are too busy chasing down potheads to be bothered with a crime against personal property.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132738473 - wctv.tv/a?a=132738473