Pedestrian Fatally Hit by Pickup Truck

By: Gabrielle Sarann Email
By: Gabrielle Sarann Email

At 10:59 p.m. Wednesday night, EMS responded to a fatality on US 41 by Lovett Avenue in Lowndes County, according to Brian Bass, a trooper with the Georgia State Patrol.

Troopers say Jason Delk, 28, was crossing the highway, when he was hit by Danny Goslin's Chevy pickup.

Authorities say Delk is at fault for walking in the middle of the dimly lit highway and that he likely died on impact.

His body was transported to McClane Funeral Home.

• by Kelli Location: Lake Park on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    My prayers are with the Delk family and also Danny Goslin. What a horrible accident.
  • by Jerri Location: Valdosta on Mar 7, 2011 at 08:17 PM
    "bob" if that is even your real name...1st of all how can you take what I said about Jason, and turn it into some sort of democracy???? He was everything I said in my previous comment. And to me if you are talking about something we dont know about then please why dont you let us in on your so called theory!
  • by Ashton on Mar 5, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    I am Jason's stepdaughter and I know he had a problem but seriously.If you can't talk nice about him don't right anything i have been through tons of stuff and I know he was a real amazing man.SO SHUT UP PEOPLE STOP TALKIN BAD ABOUT HIM I LOVE JASON AND I ALWAYS WILL SO IF YOU TALK ABOUT HIM YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME I MAY BE 10 BUT I AM VERY STRONG JUST LIKE MY STEP DADDY TAUGHT ME TO FIGHT FOR WHAT I BELIEVE IN AND I BELIEVE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T TALK ABOUT HIM
  • by Jamie Location: valdosta on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    @ BOB how dare you post such a comment? Havent you ever heard if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all? Every one makes mistakes and sometimes might stray down the worng path but that is what mistakes are for to be made!!! The delk family dose not deserve to have to read such a negative comment at a time like this!!!! God bless the delk family we are praying for yall!
  • by sonya Location: valdosta on Mar 4, 2011 at 08:35 AM
    i was friends with jason, we all have problems that we face, and how dare you judge bob-when his family is already going through alot and you say something so hurtful....shame on you, just remember karma, and that no one not even you is untouchable. just because someone makes wrong decisions does not mean that you have to be uncompassionate...
  • by bob Location: usa on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    Jerri, tell the truth about the boy. He was heading down the wrong path along time ago. Sorry for the loss but you know what was going on. You are following in his footsteps, so is all of his friends.
  • by Jerri Location: Valdosta on Mar 3, 2011 at 08:49 PM
    Jason was a good father, a husband, a son, a brother and a friend! His life was taken to soon!
  • by Praying on Mar 3, 2011 at 02:11 PM
    Praying for all the families affected by this tradgedy. May God bring comfort and peace.
  • by catherine brown Location: valdosta,ga on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    so sorry to here about jason jason and my grandson freddy brown jr was best friends ,,,god bless you all ,from catherine brown ,
  • by denise Location: tenneesse on Mar 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    to the family of jason delk im so sorry and i am here if you need me
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117323703 - wctv.tv/a?a=117323703