Pelham Inmate Death

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

Authorities from Fulton county made their way to the Pelham Jail Monday 3/21 to conduct an inspection after Officers said 17-year-old inmate Fabian Avery's body was discovered by a detention officer on Friday ( 3-18).

Officers said Avery was transferred to Pelham from Fulton County and was awaiting transfer to state prison to serve a 13-year sentence for armed robbery, aggravated assault and a slew of other charges.

Officers said this is the first 'in-custody' death they've experienced. An autopsy has been done and officers say there were no signs of trauma.

• by Carol Location: thomasville ga on Mar 28, 2011 at 01:08 PM
    God said judge not lest you be judged; show know mercy and i will show you none; he said do unto others as you would have them do unto you; i pray that God will let you have a loved one go through this, standing in a so called court of law watching them send a young loved one to jail when he should be in long term rehab to treat his problems.this boy was a child that the system failed long ago I pray for his soul and grieve over his death. God forgive the people who made these ugly cmments they know not what they do.
  • by grannie Location: ga on Mar 25, 2011 at 04:02 AM
    all good pple are sick in the head,he was a human being, good as you redneck fellows , he was black out side. thats the only differancce in him , he was as good or better than you . he had a soul just like you. what is wrong you all!!!!!!!!!!
  • by Mark Location: Tallahassee on Mar 23, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Some of you are pathetic, he was only 17.
  • by Shell3375 on Mar 23, 2011 at 06:00 AM
    It is what it is......
  • by Law Abiding Citizen Location: USA on Mar 23, 2011 at 05:23 AM
    I agree. One more mouth my tax dollars will not have to feed. One less body to use my tax dollars for free medical care. Sometimes, we good guys win! Agravates assault and a SLEW of other charges. Sorry you bleeding hearts out there, not gonna make me feel anything but good!
  • by Mircle 101 Location: At the Trap on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    This is so sad no matter what he had done he did not deserve to die or course unless it's in god plan and not done by tghe hands of others.... My love goes out to the family Fabian is in a better place now.
  • by Lip Cheese on Mar 22, 2011 at 06:43 PM
    What is a "slew" of other charges??
  • by Sonny Location: Tallahassee on Mar 22, 2011 at 05:00 PM
    Awww...I'm heartbroken....
  • by Sammy on Mar 22, 2011 at 04:34 PM
    I read they were clsoing a bunch of FL prisons, didn't know they were making room this way
  • by me2 Location: thomasville on Mar 22, 2011 at 03:17 PM
    Oh darn now I won't have the pleasure of using my tax dollars to house and feed this outstanding citizen while he sits behind bars for the next 13 years.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118457299 - wctv.tv/a?a=118457299