[UPDATE] Man Accused of Thanksgiving Day Murder of Girlfriend on Trial

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

[UPDATE] 5-16 -

The man accused of shooting and killing his ex-girlfriend on Thanksgiving day had his trial set for today ,but it's been delayed.

Fred Gee ghee had his arraignment in April (4-18) and pleaded not guilty to charges of murdering his ex-girlfriend, 31-year-old Julie Samuel.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says early on Thanksgiving morning, Gee attacked Samuel and then shot her multiple times.

The superior court of the Southern Judicial Circuit of Georgia says the trial will begin at a later time.

Gee could face charges of murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

__________________________________________

Updated 10:30 Monday 11-29

Brooks County Magistrate Court Judge Joyce Miskiel says the appearance for Fred Gee began sometime after 9 Monday morning.

Gee faces charges for murder and a possible charged of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Bail has not been set for Gee.

Updated 6 pm Thursday 11-25

James Samuel held back his tears but he couldn't hold back the pain of losing his cousin.

"It's a sad day, the day on thanksgiving, this is supposed to be thanksgiving not thanks taken, that's what it is for us today thanks taken," said Samuel.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says Julie Samuel was shot multiple times around 3:30 Thursday morning inside of her home at 903 West Hill Avenue.

Her brother says waking up to that phone call wasn't what he expected on Thanksgiving.

"Man yo sister dead, I just couldn't believe it. It hurt me real bad and it's still hurting me," said Joe Samuel.

GBI agents arrested Samuel's boyfriend, Fred Gee around two Thursday afternoon and charged him with murder.

Family members say the victim had a restraining order against Gee and says he should never have been at her home.

"It's just a tragedy that this happen like that and I'm hurt tremendously and the family is broken," said James Samuel.

"I love her and I'm going to miss her,"said Joe Samuel.

Family members say thanksgiving will never be the same without her.

Gee is currently being held at the Brooks County Jail. Authorities say Gee is scheduled to make his first appearance in court on Monday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 2:30pm Thursday 11-25

Authorities say the suspect, Fredrick Gee, is in custody.

Updated 2:00pm Thursday 11-25

Family and friends have identified the victim as Julie Samuel. Authorities are on the hunt for the man believed to be involved in the murder. He is identified as her boyfriend, Fredrick Gee.

Quitman, Georgia -- 11-25

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and local police are searching for a murder suspect this Thanksgiving morning. A person was murdered in Quitman, Georgia in Brooks County, but authorities are not releasing any other information at this time as the investigation continues. WCTV has a reporter on the scene.

Stay with WCTV for updates.

• by Anonymous on May 16, 2011 at 07:15 AM
    20 rounds to the snot locker would cure him.
  • by Confused Location: Quitman on Dec 14, 2010 at 09:32 PM
    I’m confused,how can you plead not guilty. Fred Gee stated you were going to kill someone in front of witnesses.You were fine when drove to her home while she was entertaining guess in her home(a home she was purchasing before you were in her life),you were fine when busted up in her home (not yours)&created this devastation on her family,friends &the community.I'm certain you knew what you were doing when you left her home causing this destruction & fled to Monticello trying to avoid being apprehended. Let me ask why when you hand the weapon in your hand did you not just put it down & walk away! You took a mother away from her kids & you knew how much her kids meant to her. Fred you have disrespected women of all ages. While employed at Crown in Quitman, it's known that there were many issues with you calling female employee’s rude, derogatory & vulgar names. This tells me you aren't a man & trust me your manhood will be tested nightly once convicted. You won't be in PC in prison.
  • by ms Location: quitman on Dec 10, 2010 at 09:44 PM
    Judy Ann was my cousin. She was loved by my entire family and so many friends. Fred was a nobody. She put him where he was in the eyes of people. She didn't want him anymore but he kept just popping up even when she tried to get away. She was trying to buy her home and working as a single mother to provide for her two young daughters. She touched everybody in Quitman from young to old, white, black and other races. She grew up on Green St and stayed humble to the place she called home. I hope Fred is raped in prison. I hope he is hurt so bad where he will only see her when he closes his eyes. He pled not guilty and the trial is in March. He is trying to play crazy but we will not let that happen. Men just walk away. If a women does not want you don't stalk her. There are millions of other women out there to have don't take a life. I hope a prisior reads this and is waiting on him to enter their cells. Rest in peace cousin. We never knew hurt like this. You are loved and always will be.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 9, 2010 at 08:27 AM
    I knew Julie (Judy Ann) Samuels. This was a beautiful person full of life; she always put her best foot forward, she always had a smile on her face and greeted everyone with a Hey Boo and ending her conversations with Smooches. Miss. Samuels touched many lives. She was a mother, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, cousin, and friend. The saddest thing to me is that she has daughters she will never see her become women. The ignorance of Fred Gee has left this family without there love one, it wasn't anything that serious that her life has to be taken. If you abuse a female your less than a man, if you take a female's life your true scum. Once you enter the prison system all I can say is don't drop the soap.
  • by West Hill Street Neighbors on Dec 9, 2010 at 05:40 AM
  • by Greg Location: Miami on Dec 5, 2010 at 06:06 PM
    Well I know one thing, he messed up BIG TIME. He will have no choice but take a plea deal in which I believe with that he will spend the rest of his natural life in a maximum security prison somewhere in georgia. On the other hand if they offer him a plea deal and he refuses to take it I think his final destination will be GA DIAG & CLASS PRIS-PERM, home of georgia's death row inmates. Man I hate cases like this. Guys killing their girlfriend or wife when they should just walk away. I bet he's saying this to his self everyday. I feel sorry for him but even sorrier for the family of this young lady. I see this type stuff here in dade county alot too and its just ridiculous. My heart goes out to the family of the victim.
  • by unknown Location: everywhere on Nov 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    its very sad that this was done and nobody should go through anything like this and im sure it could have been avoided but im pretty sure theres two sides to every story..meaning with that restraining order i know they had to still be involved some way im just saying im not taking sides but ppl come on if ur done with somebody let it be dont play with ppl feelings
  • by Concerned Citizen Location: South Georgia on Nov 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    Let us focus on the real issue (domestic violence)here not the grammar usage of her relative!! It doesn't matter how the relative said or the reporter wrote the quote; we are not taking an English exam...a human life has been taken. We need to teach our young men and women about violence period. It is a sad situation for any family or community regardless of the circumstances of the cause of the violence. In this case, not only are the two families affected by this, but a community of caring citizens. Yes, a crime has been committed and justice will be served. Hopefully, we will begin to speak against domestic violence in our homes, churches, schools, etc. This has been an ongoing issue in all communities and this should be a topic not just swept under the rug. It needs to be uncovered so precious lives will not be taken from us. May God comfort both families at this time. Let us be mindful of what we do and say to each other.
  • by smalltownusa Location: ga on Nov 28, 2010 at 04:08 PM
    My prayer's goes out to her family...we all worked with her..she was a very carein n loving person....we will all miss her so much...now she;s in a better place...god bless!
  • by Domestic Violence Victim Location: Brooks County on Nov 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    I wonder if Peggy Kimble was helping her via the Victims Assistance Program. If so, no wonder why that happened. Once the 30 day Restraining order is set up, beyond there, no one cares unfortunately.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110628769 - wctv.tv/a?a=110628769