[UPDATE] TCCHS Defensive End Makes Big Announcement

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

[UPDATE] 1-28 10:24AM --

Ray Drew signs with the University of Georgia.

Stay with WCTV for details.

____________________________

School staff said Ray Drew is not just a great football player, he's a great person as well.

Drew has been ranked by ESPN as the number one defensive end in the country and the number three football player overall.

Drew is also a mentor at a local Thomasville middle school and he's an ordained minister at his church.

"My parents always instilled in me when I was younger no matter where life may take me you can never forget home or you can never forget the people who helped build up," said Drew.

Ray Drew will make his big announcement at 10:00 clock Friday morning in the school's conference room.

• by La-sha on Jan 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    Didn't he only have 2 or 3 sacks his entire Sr year? Is he really an elite DE prospect with those numbers?
  • by Tom on Jan 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    Maybe people wouldn't "hate" on Ray, if he handled himself better. He brags about how religious he is, then does unreligious things like playing games about where he's going to school. It is immature and un christ like. If you are going to talk religion all the time, you better back it up with actions. Ellen-what in the world is “swallow minded”? HAHAHAHAHA. He said he was going to "shock the world", picking UGA wasn't a shock, thus he lied. He also lied back and forth about which schools he was interested in/not interested in. He was very immature during the whole process
  • by Bo Location: Tally on Jan 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Good for You!! I pray they will keep the coaching staff there long enough. Anyway, you go on and do big things and make your people proud.
  • by IMDAHMOM Location: PAVO on Jan 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    No matter where you go I am sure you will make us all in Thomas County proud. Congrats. I was hoping you was going to say you are going where its all about " THE U"! jk. To TOM, you are upset because you did not feel like Ray Drew shocked the world. You should be ashamed for calling him a liar and questioning his "religious" status just because you FEEL like he didn't shock the world. Hey, I am shocked so I guess he is not a LIAR after all. Ray Drew God bless you and your endevors. (I have never been to a college game so if you get me tickets I'll go)! : )
  • by Anonymous on Jan 28, 2011 at 09:32 AM
    All along some have hated on the young man...even some of his own coaches. Ray let all the nay sayers be your motivation. He is a minister he knows they talked about Jesus and look at the great works he did.
  • by Cowboy's #1 Fan Location: Madison on Jan 28, 2011 at 09:31 AM
    Tom or whoever you are. You really should be ashame of yourself. Why are you trying to belittle this you man for the deciding what he thinks is best for him and his family. I'm sure you would do the same thing. Teenages are making bad decisions daily, and now when in young man decides that, yes, I'm going to college and make something of myself, haters are criticizing. Congratulations Ray Drew. I wish you would have choosen UF, but Georgia is great as well. Keep you head up and let God handle the haters. Good Luck Son, and Go Dawgs!
  • by Jackie Location: T,ville on Jan 28, 2011 at 09:07 AM
    Thank you Drew for staying "instate", I know UGA will be a much better team with ALL your qualities and strengths!! May God bless you and know we are behind you and support you 100%..GOOOO Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by ellen Location: thomasville on Jan 28, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    to Tom he isn't a liar. He just didn't tell everyone until he was ready. You must be a swallow minded person to talk about Ray like you did.
  • by jj Location: thomasville on Jan 28, 2011 at 08:58 AM
    Way to go Ray! Don't listen to the hater/s who post this. Congratulations!!!!
  • by frank Location: tall. fl. on Jan 28, 2011 at 08:56 AM
    Don't worry those guys never play up to what they are suppose to be. Always a flop when you get one of the high rated players.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114747084 - wctv.tv/a?a=114747084