Tallahassee Woman Buys Scratch Ticket, Wins Big

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Tallahassee, FL -- May 21, 2012 --

We have all probably tried our luck at scratch off tickets, but one local woman's purchase bought her a new set of wheels and some cash!

Katisha Hawkins of Tallahassee was driving with her family in Georgia on their way to eat. She stopped and picked up a 5 dollar 'Cadillac Riches' ticket. One scratch turned into a new Cadillac and almost $33,000.

"As we was driving my little girl was scratching the tickets. At the end she said 'Mom we won a car!" and I was like "stop playing!" I looked at it and stopped in the middle of the street," said Hawkins.

She picked up her new 2012 Cadillac S-R-X in Thomasville. She says she travels for softball so the vehicle will help, and the money will let her pay off some bills.

____________________________

31-year-old softball player notches new Cadillac SRX

Georgia Lottery Release

ATLANTA – A 31-year-old softball player has hit a home run with a new crossover utility vehicle courtesy of the Georgia Lottery. Katisha Hawkins of Tallahassee, Fla., won a brand new Cadillac playing the instant game Cadillac Riches.

Georgia Lottery representatives presented Hawkins with her new 2012 Cadillac SRX Crossover Monday at Spence Chevrolet Cadillac-Buick-GMC, 15283 U.S. Highway 19 S. in Thomasville.

“I’m so happy,” exclaimed Hawkins, who anticipates driving her children in her new ride to Magic Kingdom Theme Park in Orlando.

The Florida A&M University employee is especially excited about her new vehicle because she travels with her adult women’s softball team.

“I’m always traveling on the weekends, and I’ve always said that I need more room and a spacious trunk,” she shared. “I’ve been playing softball since I was 5-years-old, so it’s my happy place.”

Hawkins, who has a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-month-old son, were traveling to Georgia with her sister for dinner when she stopped for gas. HUD’s #3, 2499 U.S. Highway 319 S. in Thomasville, is where she purchased the lucky ticket.

“I was in the middle of the street hollering, and my sister didn’t believe me,” Hawkins said. “I feel good, and I’m very excited.”

• by Peach Location: vtown on May 31, 2012 at 06:31 AM
    All I can say is congrats to you and ur family.. I admit times are hard and anyone could use a car and extra money.. Good look with everything and my god bless :)
  • by RayRay Location: quitman on May 23, 2012 at 04:12 AM
    something for nothing. what does that teach people? doesn't encourage hard work, good values, or ethics.
      by do you haveany ideal how stressfull the lottery is. on May 23, 2012 at 08:51 AM in reply to RayRay
      it was not something for nothing.
  • by Dj Jaz Fresh on May 22, 2012 at 08:25 PM
    Why yes... We was drivin!! On our way to KFC. That white man knew how to cook some chicken...
  • by Anonymous on May 22, 2012 at 05:30 PM
    Congratulations! Now, put the money away in a trust fund, sell the car and buy something with better fuel economy that is cheaper to maintain. You will come out even further ahead.
  • by Anonymous on May 22, 2012 at 05:15 PM
    we beez front'n
  • by Tony Location: Tallahassee on May 22, 2012 at 02:08 PM
    Don't let Rick Scott know you got some money or he will find a way to take it from you.
      by RICKY on May 22, 2012 at 06:12 PM in reply to Tony
      o let it rest tony.you are really getting to me.
  • by Shade Tree. on May 22, 2012 at 01:18 PM
    Take that car to the dealer and spend 500 dollars a pop on it.
  • by Anonymous on May 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    Congrats Ms.Lady. I dont know you but its a blessing to have won the car and money. Dont listen to all the haters, they just doing what haters do. Enjoy your new car and remember to save some for a rainy day.
      by timika on May 22, 2012 at 06:13 PM in reply to
      thug daddy is all alone now.
  • by Dee Location: Quincy on May 22, 2012 at 09:54 AM
    Yall stop being Jealous of other people, Don't worry about if she can't spell or not. It's none of your business....I'm happy for anyone who can get ahead in this world. we have so many negative people out there...they are some bitter,sad lonely people. GET A LIFE !!!!
  • by 40 inch rims Location: tally baby on May 22, 2012 at 09:50 AM
    as hard as the lottery is to win there should be no taxes. THE LOTTERY WON.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 152364055 - wctv.tv/a?a=152364055