Tell Us A Story...

By: Amy Long Email
By: Amy Long Email

WCTV is working on a piece that will take you back. Viewers, like you, can submit your pictures and stories of our viewing area before there was a 22 story capitol building, massive hotels and condos down Monroe Street, or when there was only one paved road in town- It may be featured on air!

Email your memories of yesteryear to amy.long@wctv.tv
Be sure you include your name and contact information.

• by Tom Location: Monticello on Jan 20, 2011 at 09:31 AM
    I remember when Docters made house calls and Bennets Drugstore made deliveries by motercycle.
  • by Tom Location: Monticello on Jan 19, 2011 at 06:49 PM
    I grew up in Tallahassee and I
  • by Anon on Jan 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    Comment to Willie - - once upon a time?? That was like ... yesterday or this morning...nothing has changed...its still the same
  • by The Magic Sheriff Location: Florida Panhandle on Jan 16, 2011 at 06:05 PM
    There was a crooked sheriff in a small rural community near Tallahassee. He was very popular with the local bank, so much so that they loaned in 6 million dollars to obtain an illegal liquor license and country club. He left his legacy after a night of drinking he hit and ran into a mother and child. After leaving the scene he dutifully called his subordinates to investigate. By then the alcohol had magically disappered and he was not charged. After being observed, on another occasion, by the road at 2 am with a woman other than his wife the sheriff eventually retired and ran for elections supervisor in Sopchoppy.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    I could tell you that the neighborhood where the guy was shot off Orange was a nice place to live. I also remember a time here when you called about a drug dealer, someone was arrested, no 28 year investigation.
  • by willie Location: tallahassee on Jan 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    I remember that once upon a time in Tallahassee, if you were a non-white, people looked at you funny if you were spotted in downtown.
  • by Jim Location: Quincy on Jan 16, 2011 at 06:23 AM
    Radar
  • by Surprise Location: leon county on Jan 16, 2011 at 03:04 AM
    To cb. thanks. (smile)
  • by yep Location: tally on Jan 15, 2011 at 09:48 PM
    haha cb! Hopefully one day I can get out of this town... unless this town changes... nah I'll just leave.
  • by cb on Jan 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    once upon a time I grew up, lived and worked in tallahassee for 41 years. then I got tired of the traffic, red lights, redlight cameras, liberals, and urban sprawl and a thousand other reasons. then I moved out. ya'll can have it!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113384009 - wctv.tv/a?a=113384009