Thomas County Meth Lab Busted

By: Caroline Gonzmart Email
By: Caroline Gonzmart Email

Agents say they received a tip that Juanita McCurley of 179 Hunt Road in Thomas County was manufacturing the drug with a hand-held meth lab.

They say when they arrived at the house a burning smell tipped them off that drugs were actively being produced, and there was also evidence to show meth was being consumed.

Narcotics Commander Kevin Lee says investigators found a plate with already-processed meth on it inside the house.

McCurley was arrested for possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.

Another woman at the house, Nancy Lindsey, was also charged with possession.

TCSO says one more arrest is pending in the case.

• by Vashonda McDougalheimer on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    I be experimenting too. I was up and couldn't stop watching that michael jackson get his swerve on in thriller. I love when he be dressing up like a rabid zombie. Now that song stuck in my head. Thriller...bubaduwop..biggity, digitty, hobuddy, dobuddy.
  • by Libertarian on Jan 12, 2011 at 08:32 AM
    Locking these people up does no good - it only fills the prisons and there is no room for violent offenders. As soon as their released they go looking for more drugs. When are we going to realize as a society that our approach to the "drug war" is a complete failure? She should be sentenced to a mandatory year-long drug rehab and 5 years supervised followup. And yes - I would legalize pot and tax it heaviy to pay for the treatment of addiction to hard drugs. I am not ashamed to say it because the traditional approach has proven itself a failure. Pot is already a multibillion dollar industry and already widely accepted by a large percentage of the population. I would rather see pot legalized and alcohol, a far more destructive drug, made much more expensive to buy to discourage it's use.
  • by No Way Location: Tallahassee on Jan 12, 2011 at 08:20 AM
    Pot, sure I have done my share and still will in a social circle. This meth is something I would never condone and people need to stop allowing people to make this trash. Ruining our water systems, rental homes, not to mention the effects I mean really look at this lady.. She looks gross.. What about the kids.. Is a high really worth all that? I doubt it.. Not to mention the lacks morals once one is high.. Might as well allow them to boat in cocaine versus let people get high on this.. I thought meth charges carried higher penalties then just a slap on the wrist.. Sounds like the people need to petition the states to start enforcing more serious discipline then putting folks in the corner.
  • by Kwonjeevius Location: Quincy on Jan 12, 2011 at 07:11 AM
    People need to stay away from meth. I experimented one time and stayed up 6 straight days watching soul train!
  • by Lee Location: Thomavaille on Jan 12, 2011 at 03:35 AM
    In Thomas County we have the revolving door. Get cvaught, fine-probation, get caught fine-probation, get caught fine-probation. You can serve more time in Thomas County if you kick your dog than if you get your neighbors kid hooked on drugs.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 11, 2011 at 07:08 PM
    Guess you pot smokers think this is ok too
  • by Anonymous Location: Cairo on Jan 11, 2011 at 05:32 PM
    Ok, so how old are you lady? Old enough to know better, well you might be pretty young,its the meth make you look like you in your 60's. Show your family a good example!
  • by jr Location: ga on Jan 11, 2011 at 05:20 PM
    25 yearsago if you got caught with metn or lsd you would get 25 years in the pen. now just probation. o yea and a fine. i almost forgot the fine. meth is one nasty drug.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113313589 - wctv.tv/a?a=113313589