Tractor Accident Claims Woman's Life

By: Gabrielle Sarann Email
By: Gabrielle Sarann Email

Around 7 p.m. Monday, Georgia State Patrol responded to a tractor accident off Highway 41 South by the Dasher city limit, according to Sgt. Carl Taylor, with the Georgia State Patrol.

Troopers say Amy Blackledge, 35, was trying to pull her husband James' tractor, which had stalled in the field, when the tractor she was driving turned over.

Blackledge got pinned underneath it and died on impact from injuries to her upper body.

"When I first heard about the incident, I just felt like she was so young, only 35," said Daveion Ward, of Valdosta. "And you know, a family lost a wonderful lady."

Blackledge's body was transported to Carson McLane Funeral Home, said Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine.

The incident is under investigation.

• by Ron Location: Lake Park on Jan 5, 2011 at 07:43 AM
    Amy was a wonderfull lady who loved her family , This is so unbeleiveable. Amy and J.J. were so happy. They were made for eachother. And she made the best egg sandwiches in Georgia. J.J. and there son now need our support. Nobody can say they know how he feels we can only imagine the pain and heartache this family is going through. I'm here for you J.J. if you need me. Ron
  • by Rick Location: Hahira on Jan 5, 2011 at 03:35 AM
    Towing with a cable or chain attached to the back of a tractor can be dangerous. That is one of the reasons for the Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) on newer tractors (the large bar behind the seat. The torque of the engine will flip them over backwards. If towing with a cable or chain it should be run under the tractor and attached to the front. Then it will not flip over. A tragic accident that could have been prevented.
  • by annonymous Location: Valdosta on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:46 PM
    This community needs to pull together for this family. She has a 9 month old baby that will never know her.Her husband was there with her only to be helpless to help as there was absolutely nothing he could do for his wife. Please pray for him to be able to handle the stress and not to blame himself. He has a child he will now have to care for alone under very stressful circumstances. Mr. Blackledge is in law enforcement and I pray his fellow officers will step up for him. I also pray that God gives this man the strength he will need to get through this. God apparently has called Amy home for a reason. I pray he will teach his child about his/her mother. I do not know the Blackledge's but only live a very short distance from them. My husband is a volunteer firefighter and came home to tell me about this tragic accident.It has been heavy on my mind since.I cannot stop asking God to please be with the family and try to help them understand and to comfort them. I am so sorry for your loss
  • by Human Location: Wakulla on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:17 PM
    The same thing happened to friend of our family some years ago. He was pulling logs with a tractor and it flipped over backward and killed him. He was just 20 years old. Evidently these tractors will flip easily. I feel so sorry for her family. This is a terrible tragedy. May God take care of her from now on.
  • by Meee Location: Crawfordville on Jan 4, 2011 at 04:50 PM
    Amy was a wonderful woman and my heart is broken over this. She has battled so many tragedies. Her family is in my prayers.
  • by anon on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:42 PM
    So sorry for the family. But, who is the Ward person and what does their graduating with honors from UGA have to do with the story??
  • by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:02 PM
    "...said Daveion Ward, of Valdosta, who just graduated with honors from UGA" Hopefully they were indicating that the victim graduated because nobody cares if Daveion graduated with honors? I dont care if Daveion graduated at the top from Clyde's Pickle Canning Class. This young lady lost her life in a tragic accident. God be with the family.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112887984 - wctv.tv/a?a=112887984