Two Georgia Officers Gunned Down Highlight the Dangers of Policing

By: Donnitra Gilbert Email
By: Donnitra Gilbert Email

39-year -old LT Cliff Rouse and 30-year-old Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy were both gunned down while on call. Both leave behind a wife and two children.

"Very, very scary," said wife of Thomas County Deputy Nagi Daniell.

Nagi Daniell is the wife of a Thomas County Sheriff's deputy and she says each day her husband goes to work she worries.

"I say a little prayer every morning when he leaves," said Daniell.

Daniell's husband has served with the sheriff's office for three years a profession she said she wouldn't want him to trade.

"I'm proud to be the wife of a law enforcement officer," said Daniell.

Deputy Daniell will soon change to the night shift ; the same shift both Rouse and LeCroy were working when they were killed.

"Whenever he comes home late, I always have this thought in the back of my mind he might be in danger," said Daniell.

"According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund; Nationally 162 officers were killed in the line of duty of those eight were from the state of Georgia."

"You never know what you'll come across you have to use safety measures," said Public Information Officer for Thomasville Police LT Eric Hampton.

"At the end of the day he comes home safe and sound and that's all I'm grateful for," said Daniell.

• by L.E.O. Location: Cairo on Dec 30, 2010 at 02:00 PM
    I'm currently employed in the field of Law Enforcement for 12 years after serving my Country in the Army. I'm proud of my job and have no reason to leave it. It is the closest job as far as structure like the Military and that's why I chose the profession. I know the dangers and accept them. I can not stand it when someone criticizes Law Enforcement/Public Safty Officers when they haven't done the job. It is like most jobs where you have some bad apples in the barrel until we weed them out but that is no reason to assume all are dirty or crooked. I've always done my job with pride and respect for others and I wish the negativity on these sites would stop. Georgia has lost two fine Officers within a weeks time and we should rejoice their lives and accomplishments and morn for the families for their loss. Greater love hath no man than this...John 15,13. Thank you to all my brothers and sister helping to carry the burden...
  • by Old Infantry Soldier Location: No chip on the shoulder,just facts on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    Heroes?? It's a job they can leave at any time and most choose to stay because for the most part it doesn't take much effort. Ride around in a climate controlled vehicle most of the time. Of course there are dangers but the only real heroes are my fellow soldiers,no a/c,no heat,no vehicle and no quitting when you feel like it. Very little pay and during a war like now,life on the line every second. No going home after a fire fight unless it's in a body bag. No offense to law enforcement but thank a soldier for being able to have that cushion job.
  • by Patrick Location: Atlanta on Dec 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    I can't believe that some people think that every job out there is dangerous. The most dangerous job is firefighting and law enforcement is in the top ten. So to the idiots that try to down play public safety officials think about it if they were not there who would save you
  • by D Location: C'Ville on Dec 30, 2010 at 08:27 AM
    I appreciate what these men and women do for us all daily. There are people with "Chips" in every single profession. We are all human.
  • by James Location: Cairo on Dec 30, 2010 at 06:38 AM
    Heroes?? That's funny. Maybe when they were in the military.
  • by DISAPPOINTED Location: THOMASVILLE on Dec 30, 2010 at 05:29 AM
    I AGREE. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BADGE, DOESN'T MEAN YOUR GOD. YES, YOUR JOB IS DANGEROUS, BUT HTIS DAY IN TIME SO IS EVERYBODY ELSES. LOOSE THE ATTITUDES. BE A LITTLE HUMBLE.
  • by shadow on Dec 30, 2010 at 03:48 AM
    There is a middle ground between what coffee hound and anyonymous 1057pm are saying. As a retired law enforcement officer, yes you have to deal with a lot of things that the everyday person does not have to, However, that should not allow you to walk arouond with a chip on your shoulder. If it causes a person to do so, then they should get out of that line of work. Many of the people that I worked with were heroes, but there was always some with that chip on their shoulder or a better than you attitude. The good thing is that they usually end up leaving the profession, or move to another department, then another department, ETC until no one will hire them and they are out of the profession (thank goodness). I would not have done anything else for a career, because I never carried a chip, but rather a professional attitude to what I did. That makes for a successful career.
  • by Proud TCSO Deputy Wife Location: Thomasville, GA on Dec 30, 2010 at 02:49 AM
    To Coffe Hound You need to think about the things you say I am a proud wife of a Thomas County Deputy and I promise you when that day comes and you are in danger and need one of these guys you will be glad they carry their selfs with such pride and risk THEIR LIFE to safe YOURS ! Bless God hold them in your hands and keep them safe while they protect us !
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on Dec 29, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    Please consider this as a way we all can make it easy on an officer when he makes a stop. There is a good chance it'll get you off the hook or @ least a break: Keep your vehicle registration & proof of insurance over your visor where you can get to them quickly. When he approaches your car, have your window @ least 1/2 way down, & your hands on the top of steering wheel where he can see them. DO NOT REACH UNDER YOUR SEAT, FOR YOUR WALLET, OR GLOVE BOX UNTIL YOU STATE OR ASK TO. Keep your hands in view @ all times. You may be shocked @ the return treatment you recieve for removing the stress from a "routine" stop.
  • by IMHO Location: Valdosta on Dec 29, 2010 at 08:10 PM
    While I have to agree I have also met officers that have VERY bad attitudes that goes with any area of life. But I will also say to be a law enforcement officer you have to have a certain level of convidence that sometimes comes off as arogant. A law officer has to be able to demand respect just by his/her presence and it takes a certain "cockyness" to pull that off. So don't look down at these people doing their very best to keep the streets safe so we don't have to live in fear all the time. I understand whtat the Thomasville sheriff was saying and I a for one agree with him.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112632699 - wctv.tv/a?a=112632699