Press Release: City of Valdosta
The Valdosta Main Street office has released its 21st edition in the series of the Downtown Valdosta Christmas ornaments. The 2013 ornament is green and features the Dosta Playhouse, home of the Theatre Guild Valdosta located at 122 N. Ashley Street. The ornament commemorates the 25th Anniversary Season for the Theatre Guild. Ryan Swains, Publicity Chair for the Theatre Guild, drew the rendition of the building that appears on this year’s ornament.
Ornaments from most previous years are also available for purchase while supplies last. Other ornaments in the Downtown Valdosta Christmas ornament series include:
• The Roberts Building (2012)
• Historic Liberty Theater (2011)
• Valdosta Sesquicentennial/City Hall (2010)
• Converse Building (2009)
• Wisenbaker Building (2008)
• City Market (2007)
• First Presbyterian Church (2006)
• King’s Grill (2005)
• McKey Building (2004)
• First Baptist Church (2003)
• First United Methodist Church (2002)
• Ashley House (2001)
• St. Paul A.M.E. (2000-sold out)
• Converse-Dalton-Ferrell House (1999-sold out)
• Chamber of Commerce (1998-sold out)
• Lowndes County Historical Museum (1997-sold out)
• C.C. Varnadoe (1996-sold out)
• Lowndes County Courthouse (1995-sold out)
• Valdosta City Hall (1994-sold out)
• Dosta Playhouse (1993-sold out)
Ornaments from years 2009 through 2013 are $10 each, and all other ornaments are $6 each. The Christmas ornaments may be purchased at the Valdosta Main Street Office, located on the first floor of the Valdosta City Hall Annex, at 300 N. Lee Street. Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
For more information, call the Valdosta Main Street office at (229) 259-3577.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.