[UPDATE] Valdosta Police Need Your Help to Solve Cold Case

By: Gabrielle Sarann; VPD Release Email
By: Gabrielle Sarann; VPD Release Email

[UPDATE] 8-1 -

The Valdosta Police Department is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the offender or offenders in the murder of Milton Jones who was brutally murdered on September 28, 2008 at Payton Park in the 700 block of Griffin Avenue. Jones was last seen driving his white, 1995 Dodge Ram pick-up truck at approximately 9 pm on September 28, 2009. Jones was found that night at approximately 10 pm. He was transported to the South Georgia Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries. Jones was a self employed auto mechanic.

Anyone having any information regarding this crime is urged to contact the Valdosta Police Department Investigations Bureau at 229-293-3145. If anyone has information, but wishes to remain anonymous, they can call 229-293-3091.

_______________________________________

Valdosta, Georgia - June 18, 2011

Officers are offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest in a 2008 murder case.

On September 28, Milton Jones, 43, was found lying in a pool of blood by the Southside Library. He was rushed to South Georgia Medical Center, where he later died.

If you have any information about this case, contact VPD at (229) 293-3145.

• by Jade Location: Grand Rapids, MI on Sep 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    To- Allen Parker: Please email me- i may be able to help you out.
  • by allen parker Location: lake park ga. on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    Still waiting on an answer about my brother. His name was Jeffery Parker. the police in valdosta has giving up, on finding out what happen to him. I may have to hire a lawyer I can't afford, but I need answers.
      by Jade on Sep 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM in reply to allen parker
      please email me - i may be able to help you out.
  • by Allen Location: Lake park ga. on Aug 1, 2011 at 08:16 AM
    It's strange the valdosta police dept has not found out who or what happen to my brother. His name was Jeffery Parker, they found him dead an nothing has been done to solve this crime. I went to the place where they found him an found a necklace, an they said it was nothing to do with it. 2nd I found long hair on some bushes ,an the chief came an said it was nothing. It is not what you know it's who you know.
      by Steve Marietta, Georgia on Aug 1, 2011 at 03:30 PM in reply to Allen
      I am very sorry for your loss. Sometimes these L.E.A.'s just do not try to catch the bad guys. It's sad but it's true. I am sure that your brother Jeffery was a great person. These locals don't see it that way. If they can close a case, (even with it not closed) they will not spend one more thin dime on it. I am sorry for your loss, and wish you some sort of comfort in the future.
      by Steve on Aug 1, 2011 at 05:48 PM in reply to Allen
      I tried in vain to respond to you blog twice. The ISP would not, or did not allow it! I can be appreciative of your situation, but if they won't publish it, you will have no knoledge of it!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124134209 - wctv.tv/a?a=124134209