Updated: 9:41 AM
- Officials say the parents of an infant who was found dead at their Mississippi home drove with their 2-year-old daughter to Georgia, where they are being held on felony drug warrants.
- A 9-year-old Atlanta boy who police say was abducted for a short time from his driveway is being praised by community leaders for his calm as he sang the gospel song "Every Praise" until the man released him.
- The Georgia College Department of Government and Sociology has released the first edition of Georgia's State of the State Poll. The results focus on key issues facing the state and information about political leaders.
- This legislation requires the Department of Public Health to establish a Maternal Mortality Review Committee for the purposes of reviewing and developing strategies to prevent maternal deaths in Georgia.
- Georgia Department of Transportation representatives will hold an informal public information open house April 29 to discuss a temporary detour route needed while improvements are made to the intersection of U.S. 319/state Route 35 at Indian Lake Drive in Colquitt County.