Augusta County, VA---
Eleven-thousand turkeys intended for Thanksgiving are dead after this Virginia poultry house burned to the ground. Firefighters expect the smoldering to continue for several days.
The owner discovered the blaze last night after going to inspect an exterior light that went out on the building. When he opened the door, the entire poultry house was burning inside.
By the time firefighters got there, there was little they could do. The fire is estimated to have caused at least a half a million dollars in damage. The loss of the Thanksgiving turkeys alone totals roughly 75-thousand dollars. The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.