The manhunt for a suspected domestic violence abuser is over. Valdosta police say the man was ready for a fight when he was captured.
Valdosta police say Antonio Conaway had been on the run since late Thursday night. Investigators received tips leading them to believe Conaway was still in the area.
Police chased him down Friday night and they say he was armed and wearing a bullet proof vest at the time of his arrest.
"It gives you an idea of the type of person you're dealing with," CAPT Brian Childress told Eyewitness News. "We first told the media and the public that this guy was dangerous. Obviously, he was.”
"My opinion, by wearing a bullet proof vest, it looks like he was ready for a fight," Childress said.
Authorities say Conaway will make his first court appearance early next week. He faces several charges, including aggravated assault.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.