Man Escapes House Fire, But Home Is Destroyed

By: Liza Park
By: Liza Park

Michael Gay lived on Fair Oaks Lane in the Woodville community. He says he awoke just before 5 a.m. Saturday morning to a fire in his bedroom.

Gay says he tried to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher, but that didn't work, so he called 9-1-1.

Tallahassee firefighters reached the residence within minutes, but they say the home was fully engulfed by the time they arrived.

Firefighters report that a space heater used to close to a wall caused the fire.

WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1964757 -
Gray Television, Inc.