WCTV | Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta | News, Weather, Sports

House Fire

Four local college students won't be able to sleep in their beds Saturday night, following a devastating house fire. The Tallahassee home in the Settler Spring subdivision caught fire around 2:30 Saturday morning. The owner, Arden Stephen, was renting the home to his twin sons and their two friends.

Arden says it all happened when his son's Ford F-150 mysteriously exploded. “My son was inside asleep when he heard an explosion, saw it was the truck, he went inside got the people up and got them out.”

Tallahassee firefighters estimate about $100,000 in damage to the home and three trucks. Three of the renters are Tallahassee Community College students and the fourth goes to Florida State University. No one was injured in the blaze and the fire is still under investigation.


WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 434166 - wctv.tv/a?a=434166