Tallahassee firefighters warn residents to watch what you heat. This year alone the department has responded to about 60 kitchen fires.
Over the past few days two grease fires in Tallahassee resulted in victims getting airlifted to Shands Hospital in Gainesville with burns on 30 percent of their bodies.
Once cooking oil or grease gets above 350 degrees it can ignite, causing a massive fire.
"You would never want to be cooking and at the same time taking a shower because you can become distracted and forget about what's on the stove, and you're talking about the potential of burning your home down or injuring someone," said LT Tim McCown with the Tallahassee Fire Department.
McCown says know where your fire extinguishers are and make sure the batteries are working in your smoke alarms.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.