Toxic fumes sent four Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles employees to the hospital.
Officials say around 10 a.m. this morning the entire agency on Apalachee Parkway was evacuated after employees complained of a strong smell of bleach.
The HATMAT team along with Tallahassee's fire and police departments responded. They say the smell was caused by a cleaning solvent that clogged a drain on the fourth floor bathroom, making it hard for workers to breathe.
Officials say all employees were sent home and told to return to work after lunch.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.