Officials said about 10 a.m. this morning the entire agency on Apalachee Parkway was evacuated after employees were complaining of a strong smell of bleach.
The HAZMAT team, along with Tallahassee's Fire and Police Department, responded.
They said the smell was caused by a cleaning solvent that clogged a drain on the fourth floor bathroom making it hard for workers to breathe.
Officials said all employees were sent home for about two hours, but everything is back up and running at DMV.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.