Firefighters said an electrical problem was the cause of a fire that completely destroyed a Tallahassee home.
The blaze started around 7:00 Friday night at a house on Wales Drive off Old Bainbridge Road.
Investigators said an electric appliance plugged into the garage gave off a spark, causing flames to ignite and spread quickly throughout the home.
Neighbors who saw the flames said it's scary to see something happen so close to their home.
"I never seen things like that before, all the flames. You feel like it's going to shoot out to everything, it's just so violent", said Lynne Chow, an eyewitness.
Damage is estimated around $150,000. The Red Cross is helping the family, putting them up in a hotel for a few days.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.