Crate Sawmill Fire

A late-night fire in Thomasville destroyed part of a century-old business.

Firefighters responded to a blaze at the Georgia Crate and Basket Company shortly after 11 p.m. Thursday night.

Firefighters say during the day a worker had been using a cutting torch in an older part of the sawmill

Smoldering piles of wood were hosed down, but firefighters say a spot may have been missed, and burst into flames later on that night.

Georgia Crates employs about 145 people. No one was hurt in the fire.


WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 482022 - wctv.tv/a?a=482022