A late-night fire in Thomasville destroyed part of a century-old business.
Firefighters responded to a blaze at the Georgia Crate and Basket Company shortly after 11 p.m. Thursday night.
Firefighters say during the day a worker had been using a cutting torch in an older part of the sawmill
Smoldering piles of wood were hosed down, but firefighters say a spot may have been missed, and burst into flames later on that night.
Georgia Crates employs about 145 people. No one was hurt in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.