Florida authorities are calling Anna Nicole Smith's death a case of accidental overdose.
Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper announced Monday that a combination of medications led to “combined drug intoxication.”
They included sleeping medication and a lengthy list of others, including methadone. Perper says Smith had been on several anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drugs.
The sleeping medication can be used as a sedative for treating insomnia, alcohol withdrawal, anxiety and post-surgery pain. Smith was found unresponsive in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood last month.
Seminole police chief Charlie Tiger says investigators have “found nothing to indicate any foul play.''
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.