News Release: Tallahassee Fire Department
Yesterday at 5:34 p.m., units from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a house fire located at 16821 Talquin Springs Road. On scene, firefighters encountered heavy fire through the roof of a double-wide mobile home.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze and were able to save two dogs from the home. No injuries were reported at the scene and damages were estimated at $100,000. Three adults and two children were displaced and received assistance from the Red Cross.
Officials say the fire was caused by the heating system. TFD was assisted on scene by the Lake Talquin Volunteer Firefighters and Talquin Electric.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.