WCTV | Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta | News, Weather, Sports

Late night house fire displaces four

By: Tallahassee Fire Department Email
By: Tallahassee Fire Department Email

News Release:Tallahassee Fire Department

At 5:51 p.m. units from stations 1 and 3 from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to the report of a possible house fire at the 3000 block of Rackley Dr. Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming from the eves of the residence. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire that was found in the bedroom and hallways of the house. The fire was believed to be caused by a resident accidentally placing an iron on a mattress and leaving it unattended. Four residents were displaced due to the fire and damages were estimated to be at $25,000. No injuries were reported and Red Cross was called on scene to assist the occupants.


WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 243079241 - wctv.tv/a?a=243079241