Tallahassee Fire Department Release
Tallahassee, FL - November 9, 2012 - At 11:37 a.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department received a call for a structure fire on the 9000 block of Silver Oak Ln. Units from stations 12, 6, and 3 responded to the fire. Upon arrival, TFD personnel were met with heavy smoke coming from the living room of the single story structure. TFD quickly made entry and extinguished the blaze.
A single occupant was at the residence at the time of the fire, and had safely evacuated from her home prior to the arrival of the fire department. Red Cross was notified and provided shelter for the two residents who had been uprooted from their home. There were no injuries reported on the scene. The damage is estimated at $30,000.
The cause of the fire was determined to be from an improperly discarded cigarette. The Tallahassee Fire Department would like to remind you that if you must smoke, discard your cigarettes properly.
Tallahassee, FL - November 9, 2012
Firefighters say the fire started in the 9000 block of Silver Oak Lane around 11:37 this morning.
They say a woman was at home at the time of the fire and called 911.
She was able to get out safely.
No one was hurt.
Investigators say the cause of the fire was an improperly discarded cigarette.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Two people are displaced.
We're told that the single-story home suffered an estimated $30,000 worth of damage.