Tallahassee Wendy's Catches Fire

By: Tallahassee Fire Department Email
By: Tallahassee Fire Department Email

Tallahassee Fire Department

Sunday at 7:12 p.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department was called to the report of a fire at the Wendy's located at 2122 Capital Circle North East.

Firefighters could see smoke and fire coming from the roof of the structure on arrival. Fire crews gained access to the roof of the building and extinguished a small fire caused by an overheated exterior light fixture.

Workers inside the restaurant called 9-1-1 after noticing the lights flickering and seeing smoke coming from the roof. Everyone evacuated the building safely and no injuries were reported at the scene.

Damages from the fire are estimated at $10,000. The restaurant did have to close as a result of the fire but will reopen once repairs are made.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214553651 - wctv.tv/a?a=214553651