[UPDATE] Crash On I-10 Kills 5-Year-Old And Two Others

By: Ashley Mitchem Email
By: Ashley Mitchem Email

[UPDATE] 6-12-11 5:45 pm--

Tallahassee Police Department say the deceased couple that was traveling in the Nissian was from Greencove Springs Florida. Their names were: Tommy, 70, and Janet, 65, Fisher. They were both wearing their seat belts.

The people traveling in the Chevy: Robert Thompson, 44, and Katherine Bass, 36, both from Ocala Florida. Hazel Pinkey, 57, of Eustis Florida. A 12-year-old that suffered injuries, and a 5-year-old that died.
__________________________________________________________

[UPDATE] 6-12-11 1:45 pm--

19-year-old Mary Trumps is expected to be released from the hospital on Sunday. Her relative says she suffered a broken ankle and should be returned to her home in Beaufort, South Carolina once she's released.

No word yet on the others who were injured.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] 6-12-11 11:55am --

Authorities in north Florida are investigating a three-car crash that killed three people, including a child, and sent several others to the hospital in serious condition.

The Florida Highway Patrol says 19-year-old Mary Trumps appears
to have lost control in her Honda Pilot and crossed the median on Interstate 10, crashing head-on into a Nissan Maxima, killing the driver and passenger.

The Nissan then slid into a Chevy Suburban, killing a 5-year-old and seriously injuring another child and three adults in the vehicle.

Trumps was also seriously injured.

The crash caused traffic to back up on the highway to a three-mile standstill Saturday afternoon in east Leon County.

Sgt. Aaron Stephens of FHP says that when drivers lose control,
it's best not to slam on the breaks but to instead ease off the gas
and not jerk the wheel.

[UPDATE] 6-11-11 11:51PM --

A crash on I-10 on Saturday killed three people and sent four others to the hospital.

It happened at mile marker 215 in the east bound lanes of I -10 at about one Saturday afternoon.

Florida Highway Patrol said 19-year-old Mary Trumps was driving a Honda SUV going west on I-10 when it crossed over the median and struck a Nissan sedan.

Then a Yukon heading east also hit the Nissan. FHP says two people in the Nissan;a boy under the age of 13 and 70-year-old Tommy Fisher died at the scene.

The crash held up traffic in the east bound lanes of I-10 for about 3 hours.

FHP is still investigating the accident. Authorities have not released whether anyone faces charges in relation to this crash.

__________________________________________________________

[UPDATE] 6-11-11 4:23 PM --

Florida Highway Patrol says a Honda SUV was going West on I-10 when it crossed into the median, passed through the median and hit a Nissan going East.

The Nissan traveling East was also hit by GMC Yukon in the eastbound lanes.

FHP says there are three confirmed fatalities, including a juvenile under the age of 13.
__________________________________________________________

[UPDATE] 6 -11-11 2:57 PM --

The Leon County Sheriff's office says seven people in three vehicles were involved in the crash. Deputies also say multiple people were killed. A dog was trapped in one of the vehicles but was just freed.
__________________________________________________________

[UPDATE] 6 -11-11 2:45 PM --

A green SUV and a car crashed just before exit 217, eastbound on I-10.

Some injuries were reported and at least one person is dead.
__________________________________________________________

Tallahassee, FL --- June 11 at: 2:15 p.m.

Tallahassee Fire Department officials say at least one person was killed in a crash on I-10.

FHP's website says the crash happened around 1:07 on Saturday at mile marker 215.

• by Fed UP on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Texting while driving kills. Check her phone...
      by Local on Jun 6, 2012 at 01:11 PM in reply to Fed UP
      They did check her phone records right after the accident. She wasn't using it at all. This was a horrible accident. Prayers for all involved.
  • by Heather Location: Key West on Jan 24, 2012 at 09:02 AM
    For the many friends of Tommy and Jordan (Jan), there will be a memorial sunset gathering (for the absentees -- Jeremy also passed last year and will be remembered) Feb 11 at 6 pm on the Boca Chica NAS beach. Jordan's sister & brother-in-law will be there and would enjoy written or oral stories about Jordan from all.
  • by Foreman Location: Key West on Oct 16, 2011 at 08:39 AM
    For our sailing friends, Tommy, Jordan & Harry, My husband Marshall and I were so lucky to meet these good folks in Roosevelt Rhoads, Puerto Rico, enjoy great times in St. John, tell sea stories and old military memories. We later met in Boca Chica for a season and then we sold our sailboat, Milagro, in 2010 and bought a cottage in Key West. Who arrives by bike in our driveway? Tommy & Jordan...Little Harry and our dogs were great friends. Jordan and Tommy's faith represented the best in all of us. Thank you for your kind deeds, deep faith and joy of living. I will always remember Jordan's voice (and she had one!) and her beautiful hair..Tommy, you are quite the gentleman...we love you and will miss you.
  • by chris Location: Houston on Aug 15, 2011 at 08:30 AM
    Sorry to be so late, my family and I where heading to Walt Disney world from Texas at the the time of this horrible accident. The image’s and the heroism of the people trying to help have stuck with me still this day. My family and I have prayed many times for everyone affected by this accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone here. God bless all of you and please let’s all be safe out there on the freeways.
  • by Jill Location: Maine on Jun 22, 2011 at 07:38 PM
    My father and stepmother were in the Nissan. My sister Jenn has already commented, and I would like to also express my thanks to those who stopped to help, and those who are praying and sending good wishes to us. I would like to say that we are also praying for the other victims, including the driver of the Honda. To those people who feel the need to be cruel to the young lady driver, enough is enough. Things are bad enough for her now, don't make them worse.
  • by Genia on Jun 22, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    Distressed, thanks so much. That is what I was afraid of.
  • by Mom of 3 Location: North Carolina on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    My daughters and I passed this terrible accident in the west bound lane. My heart sank when I saw this as I knew it was not going to have a good outcome. I am so truly sorry for the emptiness and sadness that is being felt by these familes. I pray today, as I did the moment I saw this, for all the families involved. God bless you all.
  • by tina gary pascale amanda on Jun 16, 2011 at 07:01 PM
    We are deep;y saddened by this horrible accident, We are friends with mrs bass and her family. Our prayers hearts and thoughts are with all who was involved May the lord bless you all .
  • by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 08:32 PM
    Everyone is so quick to assume that because she is a teenager that she was texting or on the phone. I am sure everyone on this comment link has driven when tired although at the time you may not have realized the possible dangers. I would be certain that she did not wake up on Saturday and decide that she was going to drive and cross the median and kill people. I do not know the family well but have attended the same church for a long time. They are a caring and gracious family and need support at this time and not negativity as they deal with the outcome of what started out as a normal day. Most of us have done something unintentionally careless while driving and have been fortunate enough to not injure ourselves or anyone else. Do not come down on her so hard. It is a horrible situation and there has been loss of lives. Let's be respectful of all of the families and pray for all to be comforted through this unimagineably difficult time.
  • by anomyus Location: dothan al on Jun 15, 2011 at 05:55 PM
    i was 6 cars behind it it was horrific
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123687399 - wctv.tv/a?a=123687399