[UPDATE] 43-year-old Man Arrested For Child Molestation

By: LCSO Release
By: LCSO Release

[UPDATE] Valdosta, Georgia - September 21, 2011- 6:10pm -

In his bright red jumpsuit, 43-year-old Bobby Tippins shook his head in disbelief as Judge Elizabeth Cleveland denied bond.

The Valdosta State Prison Guard was arrested Tuesday.

Lowndes County Sheriff's office say a tip lead to an investigation that ended with Tippins in jail.

He's accused of molesting two children.

"It hurts me to think that could be my child. You know, I think it would infuriate any parent to think of their child being abused," said Valdosta resident Courtney Sheeley.

Tippins faces charges of child molestation, aggravated child molestation and aggravated battery.

People who knew him lined up outside the courtroom.

They say they couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"It really hurt me because I never out of all my life that I known him, I never thought that this would come up," said LeCedric Oliver.

Oliver says its been like a dagger in the back and hopes the victims can get the help they need.

"I would have never never assumed this and it just hurts me to my heart," said Oliver.

No word yet on if Tippins could receive bond. But neighbors say if he does, they want to know.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] Valdosta, Georgia - September 21, 2011 - 2:30pm -

Lowdes County Sheriff Chris Prine says that at the time of Bobby Tippins' arrest, Tippins was employed as a Valdosta State prison guard. It is unknown if Tippins is still employed as a guard.

Stay with WCTV for more on this story.

_______________________________________

Valdosta, Georgia - September 21, 2011 -

Following an investigation by the investigative division of the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, Bobby Lee Tippins was arrested and charged with the molestation of two children who were under the age of 12 at the time. Tippins was arrested at his home on Matthew Drive, Valdosta by deputies and was transported to the Lowndes County Jail.

Bobby Tippins has been charged with one count of child molestation, one count of aggravated child molestation and one count of aggravated sexual battery. Each of these offenses is a felony. Tippins will appear before a Lowndes County Magistrate Judge on Wednesday, September 21 where a bond will be considered.

Tippins is forty three years old.

• by stanley Location: newyork on Sep 23, 2011 at 06:36 AM
    iam goin to say this i was in school with this guy from elamentry to high school we also played on the football team togeather we lived in the same lil home town togeather i have not heard from him in ages intill 3months we talked but i cant judge him an say he did only god know the deal who are we we know the law is not right these days either look they just killed an innocent black man so this one i dont wanna belive god would have to just show me this one an this is the bottom line my prayers goes out to him as well as the victims an the family i dont wanna belive this one an iam a child of god dont cast a stone intill u know what has really happen
  • by 1WHOKNOWS Location: TLH on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Sadly this is the truth for these children.
  • by Sue Location: Vtown on Sep 22, 2011 at 05:51 AM
    My gosh, stop judging. Not one of you are leading this investigation, so all you know is what the media tells you. The law states, Innocent until PROVEN GUILTY, not the other way around. And no I do not know this guy. Just because you have a computer and the ability to post comments and share your opinion doesn't mean you have to, use some common sense.
  • by mike Location: tally on Sep 22, 2011 at 05:19 AM
    castrate him....
  • by Ret SFC T Location: Jennings, FL on Sep 21, 2011 at 08:28 PM
    I served in the military and VS prison with this guy. We have talked in the past, about sexual assault on children and he was fully against this. It's very hard for me to believe he did something like this. I pray that and believe a person is not quilty until proven.
  • by My 2 Cents Location: Tally on Sep 21, 2011 at 04:42 PM
    I think I served in the Army with this guy back in 95 he looks just like a Sergeant that was in the same unit as I was while in the Army. His name was Tippins too. looks the same in the face. If it is or is not I’m just glad another Chester is off the streets
  • by Go Navy on Sep 21, 2011 at 04:11 PM
    Put 'im in Eric Sexton's empty seat on that corrections bus.
  • by Democrat on Sep 21, 2011 at 03:58 PM
    NOOOOO!!!! Only white trash rednecks molest young children! This must be a mistake!
  • by July Location: Tallahassee on Sep 21, 2011 at 01:24 PM
    I don't get why grown behind men would find interest in a small child. He's not a bad looking man, so it's obvious getting a woman to "fondle" would'nt be a hard task...but putting his hands on a innocent child is not good because it shows he has a fetish for children. If indeed this is true, he needs to be castrated and his hands cut off. He has destroyed these children lives before it can begin because this is something that will stick with them for the rest of their lives.
  • by dean Location: Ga on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    papa most not have surrended his custody rights. Had to be accused of child molestation.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130272408 - wctv.tv/a?a=130272408